Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/8 Buggy Mud Guards >

1/8 Buggy Mud Guards

1/8 Buggy Mud Guards

Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 Buggy Mud Guards

Hello everyone. Haven’t posted on this thread in a while but can’t seem to find any info anywhere. I just picked up a used RC8B3.2e buggy and would like to get mud guards for it. They only released the .1 with mud guards and they are now discontinued. Now the reason I didn’t put this in a specific thread is because I’m curious as to whether or not they’re other companies buggies that would have a mudguard that fit. I k ow on my RC8B3.2e.1e I used de racings mud guards for a Mugen truggy. Any info would be appreciated so feel free to message me. Thanks very much
Old 09-29-2022, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Make some from lexan or adapt the mud guards from something else. You might have to drill some small holes in your rear a-arms to bolt the mud guards in place.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I had to drill holes for my RC8t3 but they didn’t interfere with anything and lined up with the width of the arms. This is why I’m curious as to whether or not a different manufacturer would have a nice fitting mud guard.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Honestly, with as wide as the body is on your car I wouldn't even worry about it.

I know what you want is for someone to come along and tell you exactly which part number to buy that they have successfully bolted to a RC8B3.2e, but the odds of that happening is quite low.

Searching "mud guard" on amain I see probably 7-10 different options I could probably bolt to the front of a RC8B3.2e rear arm. Just looking at pictures of a RC8B3.2e it seems it would be pretty easy to make something work.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by waitwhat
Honestly, with as wide as the body is on your car I wouldn't even worry about it.

I know what you want is for someone to come along and tell you exactly which part number to buy that they have successfully bolted to a RC8B3.2e, but the odds of that happening is quite low.

Searching "mud guard" on amain I see probably 7-10 different options I could probably bolt to the front of a RC8B3.2e rear arm. Just looking at pictures of a RC8B3.2e it seems it would be pretty easy to make something work.
fair enough lol I’m gonna order one that looks close and I’ll post results
Old 10-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

These work great. Have them on my b3.1. eBay might have them as well.
Amazon Amazon
Old 10-30-2022, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

RPM makes them but would have to be modified to work on various platforms.