Tech Initiate

https://www.modelflight.com.au/media...nual-MULTI.pdf

Kit Manual for reference
RazorRC likes this.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Licklobster View Post
L/R is largely irrelevant because crossweight is what really matters as that's the axis the car moves in - though closer to neutral is better if crossweight is maintained. I've thought about a set of micro scales to corner weight my cars but never really thought it would be too much benefit as jumping performance would likely suffer due to uneven suspension preload (maybe in 1/10 and 1/12 tc).
I will start by admitting I'm not an expert on cross weight, I mostly see it referenced in oval/ full scale racing discussions. Is cross weight not directly affected by spring preload, which is generally kept symmetrical on offroad vehicles to aid in bumps and jumping? No one is going to take the time to measure and calculate cross weight with scales each run.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silence360 View Post
Shit, and I bought my Elite like 2 months ago lol.
Same lol. Well, maybe next season...
Old 06-23-2022, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

like why does it need to be so tight
Old 06-23-2022, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Buckland View Post
I will start by admitting I'm not an expert on cross weight, I mostly see it referenced in oval/ full scale racing discussions. Is cross weight not directly affected by spring preload, which is generally kept symmetrical on offroad vehicles to aid in bumps and jumping? No one is going to take the time to measure and calculate cross weight with scales each run.
1 - yes. The trade off is poor jumping because of preload.

2 - no one is probably not entirely accurate
Old 06-23-2022, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I might be the only guy excited that you can build either nitro or electric with this kit. Will probably pick one up as an electric and then retire it to a nitro buggy when it gets outdated for fun/bashing/track driving.
token likes this.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hard to say without knowing the actual figures; but I'm assuming w/the current costs of shipping/containers, that boxing two-in-one will actually work towards keeping the MSRP lower, rather than the opposite.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bentouttashape View Post
Hard to say without knowing the actual figures; but I'm assuming w/the current costs of shipping/containers, that boxing two-in-one will actually work towards keeping the MSRP lower, rather than the opposite.
The reasoning was its easier to bundle then risk stock of one or the other sitting on shelves because of regional preferences.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:00 AM
Tech Initiate

My kit comes tomorrow! Excited. Got everything but a steering servo, so it's getting a banggood special until the 6280 comes in.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Assuming the side guards are the reason the 8XE Body won't fit correctly on the 2.0 ?
Old 06-29-2022, 05:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thedak View Post
Assuming the side guards are the reason the 8XE Body won't fit correctly on the 2.0 ?
I'll slap mine on later and see.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll slap mine on later and see.

Appreciate it.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Front triangle brace looks like the old part, hopefully the existing metal ones bolt on.
The triangle is not the same. The steering posts have different spacing on the new car.
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM
Tech Initiate

It's here! Of note - you get four of the plastic spacer pictured for the front end. You only need two, and it's real easy to miss in the instructions. They go on the outdrive side of the hinge pins on the front end (pictured installed).

Second note - kit packs a 2.3 bar, latest setup sheet wants a 2.4, so use the one from the option bag.
Old Yesterday, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thedak View Post
Appreciate it.
Not a direct fit, but the new body will fit on the old car if you ream the rear hole a little. The old body should fit on the new car with a similar mod if you use the new nose, just compared two side by side. Will take a fitment shot tomorrow when I put the clips on the chassis, but here's the new body on the old chassis so you can see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.