Schumacher EBuggy? >

Schumacher EBuggy?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tomcat8

Schumacher EBuggy?

Old 05-04-2022, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Schumacher EBuggy?

Anyone else follow Orlowski on social media? Hard to say what it is specifically, but its an 1/8 scale with Schumacher stickers on it. So far, just one picture, one video, and a handful of comments asking and speculating. Are they actually working on something new? Is it a rebadged something else just to get out on the 1/8 races? Hopefully more info pops up soon. Be curious to see what direction Schumacher goes with it.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRabbit View Post
Anyone else follow Orlowski on social media? Hard to say what it is specifically, but its an 1/8 scale with Schumacher stickers on it. So far, just one picture, one video, and a handful of comments asking and speculating. Are they actually working on something new? Is it a rebadged something else just to get out on the 1/8 races? Hopefully more info pops up soon. Be curious to see what direction Schumacher goes with it.
Its not a schuey. I forget the brand but its not shuey.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:39 AM
mes
Tech Master

Originally Posted by psycho02 View Post
Its not a schuey. I forget the brand but its not shuey.
https://www.redrc.net/2021/04/michal...s-nemo-racing/
Old 05-04-2022, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Aw. Well, that takes the fun out of it. Was hoping for something new to look at.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:10 AM
mes
Tech Master

Aw. Well, that takes the fun out of it. Was hoping for something new to look at.
1/8th is a viable market, you never know. Infinity is taking forever, but it may be an interesting option, too.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I don't know if he is still with Nemo, but Orlowski had an e-buggy at a recent race that was a mix match of different brands and prototype parts. It had a pillow ball front end on it which Agama has never used.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

its a Mugen/AE/Trish experimental as I've been told. Super TOP SECRET lol
Old 05-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

That would make sense. You can see an upper arm wing on the front which takes c-hub out of the equation (generally speaking).
Old 06-25-2022, 01:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I think this is where Schumacher may have an 'advantage' over some of the current nitro/ebuggy manufacturers. They currently don't have a nitro 1/8 buggy that they have to base their ebuggy off. They could go with an all new blank sheet design that takes advantage of the current ebuggy rules. If I were Schumacher I would investigate using what they are known best on their buggy.... Belt drive. They have a lot of experience making competitive belt drive drive 1/10 buggys that they could use to design an all new belt drive ebuggy. They could also start looking at reducing overall weight by using belt drive, differentials could be small and lighter, suspension components could be a tad thinner/lighter, bearings could be smaller. Don't forget that ebuggy finals are much, much shorter, so the ebuggy could be designed to be faster/lighter(but maybe weaker) over these 'sprint type' finals instead of 45/60 min endurance finals. I will be very interested in what they come up with. If it works, it could shake up the ebuggy market. P. S I'm not a fan of belt drive or schumacher rc's!
gfarb and AntH3001 like this.