Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sturdy off-road kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sturdy off-road kit

I just started by picking up my old rc hobby again. Dusted off my old off road 1/10 truggy (no name brand) which was stored in the attic for a couple of years. The nimh battery was more or less broken, it only lasts for 5 minutes now.

So to patch it up I bought
  • Lipo
  • Lipo charger
  • Esc/motor combo that's compatible with lipo
  • Bunch of spurs and pinions so I can play around with the gearing
  • Some accessories like locktite, shocks and some tools

I'm expecting this upgrade to be a heavy load on my current chassis. So I'm expecting it to start showing showing wear and tear pretty quickly. So I'm looking around for a new off-road rc chassis. Preferably a truggy again but I'm open to a buggy or monster truck as well. I'm finding it hard to find an empty chassis/kit though. I don't need all the electronics just the kit. RTR or kit is fine. I don't mind tinkering.

So tldr: is there any decent place to find and buy an empty chassis? I live in the Netherlands so it should be something that delivers there. If there's something on AliExpress or banggood that's fine as well.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

If you want a 1/10 truggy, you can get an Xray XT4 or a PR Racing SB401R-T. Lots of buggies from Serpent, Xray, AE and loads of others.