R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #91
Tech Elite

It might be as early as the U.S. Gas Champs at Sun Valley Speedway in a couple weeks. I know The Drake let it be known that Silver State would be his last race with the Jammin' team and X1-CR, and the Gas Champs I believe is the next race on our schedule.

It may be about another month or so before the rest of the team starts to get their kits.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Jr definitely has the right pilot to test the car. The thing is, will he torcher test it to find the weak spots or be conservative as to not break anything.....
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Cant wait to see it on the track. It has some good ideas applied. I dont think it will be on my order list anytime soon. Most likely never.

I hope it does not come with plastic shock towers.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Greg - More stuff gets broken on test days than any race day, at least that I've ever seen.

What is this "being conserative" that you speak of?
Old 04-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #95
Tech Elite

you know, hold back as to not break it.... duh...
Old 04-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #96
Tech Elite

really, with aluminum towers, the car looks pretty solid. As for the chassis braces, I see them as a plus on a bumpy track. I'm sure aluminum braces will pop up and if Losi is smart, he'll have them and other stuff ready to sell when the kit is out. You KNOW everyone that buys one will want aluminum braces. If he doesn't have them upon release, the aftermarket bling makers will be all over it quick.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #97
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Well I read the post and my Iq is pretty good 132 but I have say...

There are some funny things that happen when people who don't know what they are talkign about meet people who do.

Half of the entire thread is bashing. Heck the buggy hasn't even been in a race yet. If they have issues they will fix it. Heck I am not a Losi fan, mostly cause the losi car and truck I saw had issues after issues and took a very long time to sort it out...When I was a noob I liked not having to work hours on a car just to make it around the track.
But I will say this as I have been in th is hobby a good long while now.
Losi in the last tow years ahve made serious improvments to all their new kits...
Minus the whole LST 1, 2 or mini.
Look at the JRSX, great improvements and stupid fast in the right hands.
Now the 8ight coming out I looks to include some cool features I had asked myself a hundred times why no one have done that.
Plastic here and there is fine. The only aluminum really nessesary that I saw was the towers and that has been addressed.
Not sure about the steering setup, will have to wait and see.
One thing I did notice that conserns me is difficulty in doing maintance on the buggy. But I think it will all get sorted pretty quick.

When Drake take the wheel he will know what is right and wrong and the changes will be made.. Heck he helped get the X1-CR to be the best it could be, granted with help, but his expertise will definately pay off big time..
I am excited to race against one, I know it will be good just have to wait and see...

Keep it up Team Losi.....inovation leads to better product over all in this hobby.
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #98
Tech Elite

GregH - It's 1/8th scale...you don't "hold back"...LOL

Shookie - I've been assured that Losi's engineers did their best to attach everything with as few screws as possible..which will make ANYTHING easier to work on.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #99
Tech Elite

hahahahaha, you got me.... I bet even the great Drake can't hold back once he gets going... LOL
Old 04-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #100
Tech Regular

What's up no quick release wheels?
kahuna2793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I still don't get why everyone thinks aluminum braces are a must. In the last year every manufacturer figured out that stiffer chassis and braces (over what had been previously been used) hurt performance. Most of the Mugen guys switch out the Prospec braces for the ball end stockers, Xray is including plastic braces with the new car, and the TTR with the box section chassis completely flopped until they came out with a flat chassis conversion. If the aluminum braces were better, the Losi would have them.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Kyosho also brought out new chassis braces with ball ends..

Jammin' drivers have messed around with using the plastic RTR chassis braces for more chassis flex.

True...when a chassis and suspension system is working optimally, I'm sure a stiff chassis (like the stock TTR chassis) would be preferred..but the technology isn't there yet. Until car designs get much more refined, flex will always help.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:52 AM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really like the concepts like the offset rear driveshaft, more centered engine position... Lots of mass centering going on here. This thing should handle VERY well.

Here's my take on what's going on with the plastic parts that look like they're machined: They're printed on a rapid prototyping machine, or 3-D printer. For example, look at the air intake boot: In these pictures, it looks like printed plastic. The final version will most likely be rubber or silicon. Same with the shock towers, they most likely will be aluminum.

These pictures tell us much about design concepts of the buggy, but it's too early to know how durable/fast it will be. Only time will tell.
Traxxas Slash w/ STRC LCG conversion
THUMP RC -The only 4 stroke race conversion-
DP-buggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:38 AM   #104
Tech Elite

I like the front steering like LST and solid

but the rear seems not so solid
mostly around the hubs there is not enough material to witstand a direct hit

they could have copied the front arms and had a large hub to do things with like outboard toe inserts....
speedy2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #105
Tech Addict

I like the shocks. Do they look shorter to anyone?
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote