R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #76
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNA
Pffff. The LST2 is hands down THE best MT on the market today!
LOL
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If it come with all plastic parts, that just opens up the aftermarket to make blingy aluminum stuff......just good marketing strategy. Gotta have "hop ups"......
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

good marketing strategy? Your kidding right? Why would TL make a product that needs aftermarket parts? I would think they would build it WITH all the good stuff right out of the box. Kinda like Xray has done. Most of their option stuff is for tuning. Maybe a few bling items but the XB8 doesn't need aftermarket parts to work properly and be strong. Let's hope Losi AND AE will do the same.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #79
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH
good marketing strategy? Your kidding right? Why would TL make a product that needs aftermarket parts? I would think they would build it WITH all the good stuff right out of the box. Kinda like Xray has done. Most of their option stuff is for tuning. Maybe a few bling items but the XB8 doesn't need aftermarket parts to work properly and be strong. Let's hope Losi AND AE will do the same.
This is a PROTOTYPE they arent selling this yet. I am sure there will be aluminum on it.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic

I keep hearing everyone talking about this being a prototype but why would they spend the money to make molds and then make the parts out of aluminum anyway. Why would molded parts be so bad? That could conceivably bring the pricing down where more people could afford it. I dont know if that would eb the case or not but it iis kind of the trend. Losi and Associated mold the parts that everyone else machines out of alluminum or cuts out of carbon fiber.
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #81
Tech Legend

Find it funny when you would think a lighter ride would`nt be perfered...

the losi is lighter than anybody = advatage

And

a said it once already...
The towers are made from a brand new composite developed by Losi ....
more betta than aluminum, stronger & lighter....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #82
Tech Regular

Im only hope the Losi buggy does not come with all the plastic I see in the prototype. I like the layout but the plastic towers and chassis braces has to go. If I know Losi they will sell the Al. parts as hop ups. More cash out of the pocket$$$$
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #83
Tech Initiate

Hi im new to the forum and am now just getting back into rc after taking a 12 year break. I have to say wow, I think it looks nice. I have always been a losi fan. I used to run a jrxt back in the day, and that truck was pretty solid for the time. I think this buggy will be solid also. Losi has been around for too long to come out with crap... I cant wait to see what their truggy will look like once its ready for production.
zero74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #84
Tech Elite

tcmerf - There is a process that can make rapid prototype parts that will look like the finished product in no time at all. Not nearly the time and expense it would take to mold actual plastic composite parts. I would assume the same as well for the chassis braces..but you never know. Chassis flex will make the car easier to drive, with more traction, and go through the bumps better.

If rocket ronbo says it will have aluminum towers, then it will have aluminum shock towers. There is no need for aluminum anywhere else...for example, a radio tray is not under stress, why add unnecessary weight?

binaryterror - Feel free to have them PM me or e-mail me. I'll do what I can.

ChrisP - I understand that SAE hardware may hinder sales overseas..and I'm sure Losi understands that too. But it was their decision and they did it.

The MIP tranny is older than I am..but at the same time, wasn't the thing as huge and clunky as the trannys it replaced?
Old 04-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #85
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can we make it a requirement that you must read the entire thread before posting. Its pretty annoying that people are still complaining about "plastic" when Aaron already said the shock towers are aluminum.

I will say now, that i am buying this buggy, Wife support or not.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #86
Tech Elite

The last four words of that post nearly made orange juice come up my nose.

We are a visual people..pictures speak louder than words.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #87
Tech Rookie

Jesus, you guys are giving me a headache. Isn't there a chick flick on for you guys to cry over?

P.S. 90% of you haven't a damn clue what you're talking about. Proof once again that an iq test should be mandatory before purchasing an R/C car.
Crazy F.E.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Noooo, but perhaps before purchasing a computer with internet connection
Old 04-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #89
saw
Tech Adept

the mip tranny was tiny if i remember correctly can't wait for the losi buggy though
saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I was playing with a RC10 that has a MIP tranny on it 2 days ago. It was the MIP that Associated based the Stealth on when they prototyped it. They mostly improved the diff (ok, vastly improved). Same layout, just a more square case shape.

Aaron, do you know if Team Losi has decided when the new car's debut race will be?

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote