R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #661
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to plucked_camel

Hey Guys,

Found these during my net ventures thought you might be interested.

http://www.rcmodz.com/cgi-bin/ikonbo...&st=10#entry18

Cheers, Nick
plucked_camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #662
Tech Fanatic

Heres a little funny story for you all. I heard that the 8ight parts were in stock at Losi parts house. When I told my LHS that they were in stock he called Horizon. Horizon stated it was IMPOSSIBLE AND THEY WERE MISLEADING PEOPLE because they were not available to Horizon until the 15th (making 18th release date in stores) I decided to order some spare parts from losi parts house to see if they really had them. They showed up in the mail today!! It's gonna be fun hearing my LHS owner calling Horizon on Monday!! At any rate if parts are out it's only a short wait for the car now!!
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #663
Tech Adept

Losi Parts House is great! I don't know what connection they have with Losi / Horizon, but it's a good connection to have!
sepirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #664
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Djg, when you go into the local LHS to brag that you bought them someplace else, the "Parts house" will no longer be the place to go. Horizon may shut them down for selling earlier then the release date.

If I were you, rather then trying to get your dealer fired up, order as many parts as you can now, instead. This protects the availability and tricks the shop owner you deal with into thinking you are really a "good" customer.

"Two weeks"!

, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #665
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by plucked_camel
Hey Guys,

Found these during my net ventures thought you might be interested.

http://www.rcmodz.com/cgi-bin/ikonbo...&st=10#entry18

Cheers, Nick
WHere is that!?
Old 09-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #666
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

England
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #667
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power
England

maybe that's something track owner's could try here. it looks to be beneficial for more than several reasons......

vehicles stay clean

glue like traction

no track maintainance

one of the drawbacks i can readily think of is if it rains......i'd think it'd be a pain to clear the water prior to racing without a wet/dry vacuum. also, if you wanted to change the layout, pulling up all that carpet and then laying it back down couldn't be all that much fun either. but for the racer in general, it looks to be a winner.
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #668
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer1
maybe that's something track owner's could try here. it looks to be beneficial for more than several reasons......

vehicles stay clean

glue like traction

no track maintainance

one of the drawbacks i can readily think of is if it rains......i'd think it'd be a pain to clear the water prior to racing without a wet/dry vacuum. also, if you wanted to change the layout, pulling up all that carpet and then laying it back down couldn't be all that much fun either. but for the racer in general, it looks to be a winner.

you bring up good points, but the whole point of off road is throwing dirt, and you know that your car is not going to stay clean anyway. Besides, blue groove/clay tracks give you benefits simialr to these.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 AM   #669
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer1

vehicles stay clean

glue like traction

no track maintainance

not wanting to go too far off topic, but the astro turf it normally layed on top of sand so unless its a complete monsoon the water just drains through the AT and the sand and you don't get puddles.

to stay on topic, even on the UK specific 'unique' style tracks it seems the 8ight was dominant.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:20 AM   #670
Tech Adept

I can't wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our league is about to open in a month and I wish to get it ready by than.

Does anybody knows about any spare parts that one should by with the kit?
JBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #671
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

recieved my losi 8ight parts in mail from losi parts house today.I guess they were lucky to get their parts early.now if i could get my kit i would be happy.
philc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #672
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Djg, when you go into the local LHS to brag that you bought them someplace else, the "Parts house" will no longer be the place to go. Horizon may shut them down for selling earlier then the release date.

If I were you, rather then trying to get your dealer fired up, order as many parts as you can now, instead. This protects the availability and tricks the shop owner you deal with into thinking you are really a "good" customer.

"Two weeks"!

, Jim

Maybe your missing the whole point. I don't want to TRICK my lhs owner into thinking I'm a good customer, I really am a good customer and want to support my local track. I want my local track to be there for me and getting beat by the internet houses really sucks. Horizon should know better. With the internet companies, they offer no support, in the ways of help, tracks, and racing. I think all hobby shops should be on a level playing field in this department, and let the services determine who gets the business.

I only bought a couple of small $$ items to show my lhs owner and prove to Horizon. I will save the buggy purchase and other parts to support my LHS!!
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #673
Tech Apprentice

I agree, I have my 8ight ordered through a local hobby shop and will pay 20 to 50 dollars more for it than i might have to pay getting it through mail order but i realize i need to purchase it there so i will have a place to race.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #674
Tech Adept

I don’t get you guys…..
What is your problem with LPH???
First, it has a store front so it is NOT just an internet store (not that there is any thing wrong with that).
Second, it has one of the better services. As appose to Stormer-Hobbies and Tower-Hobbies, which are considered to be two of the bigger hobby shops, that I had problem and difficulties in getting service, with LPH the communication is grate the information is liable and product service is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi phil
but i realize i need to purchase it there so i will have a place to race.
If you wont buy the car or on other car for that meter, I wouldn’t be able to race at your local track?!?!?!?!?! Or it is just that you will feel shame for not letting your LHS to rob you blind.?!?
People should make there own calculation and buy where ever they feel is good for them. If your local dealer is your friend and you wish to support his business – that is you choice, but keep in mind that there are more than some people that relay on these internet shops to get parts etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24
Maybe your missing the whole point. I don't want to TRICK my lhs owner into thinking I'm a good customer, I really am a good customer and want to support my local track. I want my local track to be there for me and getting beat by the internet houses really sucks. Horizon should know better. With the internet companies, they offer no support, in the ways of help, tracks, and racing. I think all hobby shops should be on a level playing field in this department, and let the services determine who gets the business.

I only bought a couple of small $$ items to show my lhs owner and prove to Horizon. I will save the buggy purchase and other parts to support my LHS!!
I feel like you don’t get the point…
What you did was spite and spite alone!!! There was no gain for you LHS nor you from you act.
What you did was pure trashing another guy's business buy trying to demolish LPH relations with HORIZON.
Did you think for once that maybe this guy is worth while for HORIZON to give priority to??? Could be his turnover is much bigger with losi part than your LHS???
I'm sorry to disappoint you but it sound you don’t know jack in the business world.
Your action with the parts will not get your LHS the parts/kits any faster, it will just cause damage to a lot more people that the LPH group.

And by the way, there is a big disappointment in your future, LOSI PARTS HOUSE will not be shut down…
Not only that, it is allowed by law to sell everything in there store.
If Horizon wanted to holed delivery dates to final consumers they should not have shipped it anywhere and hold it in their warehouse.
JBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:33 AM   #675
Tech Apprentice

no problem with LPH, great service fast shipment ect. ect. but they will not be there on race day when i break something that i do not have a spare.i would gladly order from them again and will in the future, but i do not deal exc. with mail order.not picking on LPH. in fact just the opposite.