R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #196
Tech Regular
 
Rocket42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 328
Default

i agree with binary terror who will go out and spend $600+ on a pro level buggy kit just to go bash when you can get a rtr truggy for $550. the bash side of the hobby is definately huge compared to the race side and the bash side is ruled by ready to run.

aaron i think you may have miss understood me a little.

quote "rocket42 - The head engineer of the 8IGHT project is not U.S.-born. You seem to think that the company has been short-sighted the whole time this car has been in the works, thinking they won't sell cars to anyone outside the continent? Their race team spans the globe, and they've been winning off-road and on-road races, and selling kits, all across the planet for a long time. Losi started with a clean slate to design something the other companies haven't yet...and if it works, it could change off-road racing as we know it. If it doesn't set the world on fire, you can bet it will at least be on pace with what the industry currently has to offer."

by head engineer i assume you mean jukka steenari who was born in europe and won a 4wd worlds running for shumacher. a very talented driver.
i'am aware losi has drivers all over the world but can you honestly tell me that the losi will be r & d before production on more continents than the jammin buggy. the point to my post was that losi will make a great car but i don't believe that moving the engine over 10-15mm is going to change offroad racing as we know it. for example there prototype 4wd did not do very well at the worlds, and the jrxs has held its own on the touring car scene, but other cars are still winning that don't take advantage of completly centralized mass.

again let me rephrase the losi will be a great car but will it change racing as we know it? i say no, i think that the other companies on the market know how to produce a world class car just as well as losi.

i know that your sponsored by losi and you believe in the car so this is pr you are doing for the car and thats fine but you should allow others to voice an opinion before you jump on them this is a forum and people are allowed to voice positive and negative opinions.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #197
Tech Addict
 
dirtracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 574
Default

all i know is........as soon as losi releases a part number for the 8ight i'm gonna be on the pre-order list just as soon as i can with a jammin' up for sale.
__________________
Losi 22
Losi 810-e
Losi SCTE
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #198
Tech Addict
 
D_Ames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 617
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to D_Ames
Default

Aaron, I thought Junior was losi's head engineer?? Is he president now or something?
D_Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #199
Tech Addict
 
WildChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 502
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
i know that your sponsored by losi and you believe in the car so this is pr you are doing for the car and thats fine but you should allow others to voice an opinion before you jump on them this is a forum and people are allowed to voice positive and negative opinions.


thats what i thought...can i say that i hate corprate sponsors...the sad part is thats a moderator...


another reason i love nitro...there is such a thing as too much power...


on a final thought...if you dont want negative posts...maybe never start a thread...or put on it...like please dont bash it...or something like that...or just ban me...whatever...
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #200
Tech Regular
 
Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
i know that your sponsored by losi and you believe in the car so this is pr you are doing for the car and thats fine but you should allow others to voice an opinion before you jump on them this is a forum and people are allowed to voice positive and negative opinions.
I have read pretty much the whole thread and I can't see Aaron jumping on anyone, he is simply pointing out the benifits of some of the design ideas on the car.

its OK not to like a car, but some people have given the car a good bashing and we have not even seen a production one yet, as said before but some people might have missed it, some of the parts on the car are rapid prototyped and are not the intended production material.

You are right in saying that it wont be the case that if you race the car you wont be able to loose with it, everyone knows the driver and setup skills play a massive role in most levels or racing.
__________________
Chris Doughty - Team Durango - LRP - BETA Tires - Nibbo Design
Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:02 AM   #201
Tech Regular
 
Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChild
thats what i thought...can i say that i hate corprate sponsors...the sad part is thats a moderator...
Check out your signature, thats a walking advert for the products you use right there.
__________________
Chris Doughty - Team Durango - LRP - BETA Tires - Nibbo Design
Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #202
Tech Elite
 
Aaron Waldron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,720
Default

What's the issue with me being a moderator? I have yet to see anyone on RCTech (or really, anyone on an RC-related message board) without some sort of bias towards companies and products. I would like to think that I have gained a lot of knowledge in my ten years within the hobby that can be helpful to anyone who asks, and I consider myself pretty fair in terms of handling problems within the off-road forum that contradict the user-accepted policies of RCTech.

Honestly, I don't think I'm trashing anyone's opinions..and if you don't feel the same way, I truly apologize.

I don't have a problem with suggesting new and better ideas for a company to try; I have a huge problem with uneducated bashing of a product, be it produced by my sponsors or any other company. There is a huge difference between "I'm not a fan of how that body looks, perhaps the cockpit should be moved forward" and "OMFG THAT CAR LOOKS LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD MADE IT IT LOOKS CHEAP CUZ I WANT BLING EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NEVER BEEN RACED AND I'VE ONLY SEE PICTURES OF IT ON THE INTERNET AND I COULD'VE DESIGNED A BETTER CAR IN THREE SECONDS OMG THEY SHOULD'VE JUST COPIED (insert brand name here)". I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'd just much prefer that you present it with intelligence and tact. Complaining about something without providing a solution is pointless, and gets us nowhere.

BTW...Travis TQ'd and Adam won the first round of the RC Pro Series East Division at The Farm II this past weekend, with Travis TQ'ing at least the first three rounds by pretty impressive margins
__________________
Aaron Waldron - LiveRC
www.liverc.com

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 05-02-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Aaron Waldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #203
Tech Addict
 
WildChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 502
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty
Check out your signature, thats a walking advert for the products you use right there.

ok ???


aaron...i was too brash...sorry man...maybe i even wore my emotions on my sleeve...and the tamiya thing...i was more speaking of the first days of the wild one...and looks can be decieving...sometimes i like to drop my xb8 down super dirty just to let people underestimate me...i think Losi will bring a new dimension into 1/8th scale racing...i just hope it dont whoop up on the xrays too fast
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #204
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: where every i lay my hat.
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

well your right about that. I was there and trav was on fire!!! I had a 6 hour drive so i didnt stay to see that race but he and the 8 was rolling. it looks better in person than the pics that are floating around. How much with the thing cost???
csdonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #205
Tech Addict
 
WildChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 502
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty
Check out your signature, thats a walking advert for the products you use right there.

its also a way to let people know what you run so if the want to ask questions on setup...they see...hey that guy has one...lemme ask...thats why i do it...i get more satisfaction from helping a newb or a friend than anything...i get enjoyment from seeing the front and seeing them have fun at it...i know i sure bugged some folks for a bit...



can we stop assuming the worst and think outside the box...maybe there are some that want to help...maybe by advertisement they know how i can help them ?
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #206
Tech Fanatic
 
SavageSYNTH25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 794
Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
What's the issue with me being a moderator? I have yet to see anyone on RCTech (or really, anyone on an RC-related message board) without some sort of bias towards companies and products. I would like to think that I have gained a lot of knowledge in my ten years within the hobby that can be helpful to anyone who asks, and I consider myself pretty fair in terms of handling problems within the off-road forum that contradict the user-accepted policies of RCTech.

Honestly, I don't think I'm trashing anyone's opinions..and if you don't feel the same way, I truly apologize.

I don't have a problem with suggesting new and better ideas for a company to try; I have a huge problem with uneducated bashing of a product, be it produced by my sponsors or any other company. There is a huge difference between "I'm not a fan of how that body looks, perhaps the cockpit should be moved forward" and "OMFG THAT CAR LOOKS LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD MADE IT IT LOOKS CHEAP CUZ I WANT BLING EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NEVER BEEN RACED AND I'VE ONLY SEE PICTURES OF IT ON THE INTERNET AND I COULD'VE DESIGNED A BETTER CAR IN THREE SECONDS OMG THEY SHOULD'VE JUST COPIED (insert brand name here)". I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'd just much prefer that you present it with intelligence and tact. Complaining about something without providing a solution is pointless, and gets us nowhere.

BTW...Travis TQ'd and Adam won the first round of the RC Pro Series East Division at The Farm II this past weekend, with Travis TQ'ing at least the first three rounds by pretty impressive margins

The car definately looks impressive in person! Travis seemed somewhat pleased with it, as well. The car had much more corner speed than most of the others, always good!

Travis TQ'ed the first round a full lap ahead of everyone else as well!

Looks like the Losi car should be good!
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #207
Tech Regular
 
Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChild
its also a way to let people know what you run so if the want to ask questions on setup...they see...hey that guy has one...lemme ask...thats why i do it...i get more satisfaction from helping a newb or a friend than anything...i get enjoyment from seeing the front and seeing them have fun at it...i know i sure bugged some folks for a bit...



can we stop assuming the worst and think outside the box...maybe there are some that want to help...maybe by advertisement they know how i can help them ?
Fair enough, I was more reacting to the 'tone' of your first post, its all good now anyway
__________________
Chris Doughty - Team Durango - LRP - BETA Tires - Nibbo Design
Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #208
Tech Addict
 
WildChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 502
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild
Default

maybe i have hidden a since of excitement...my first real r/c car was a losi...JRX Pro...and i beat it and beat it...they were tough...thats why i kinda wanna see it and make up my mind if i wanna invest in losi stock...will have to look at it...drive it and squish the shocks...LOL
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #209
Tech Master
 
CaseyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Having fun racing toy cars in beautiful AZ
Posts: 1,715
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I want my car ...........







last week.
__________________
<>< The Truth Will Set You Free!

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #210
Tech Master
 
Jeremy Felles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,056
Default

Sweet Jesus, I just read the last two pages and my head hasn't spun this fast since the cactus. The car is dialed, I have seen it; I have heard first hand accounts from the best in the world in a completely non-biased setting and Losi will be a force to be reckoned with in 1/8th scale in the years to come.

FAQ:
Are the shock towers plastic?
-A: No, they will be aluminum. The plastic towers were rapid prototype for a picture car.

Will the diff cases be a weak point?
-A: No
How do you know?
-A: I've seen them in person and I've seen the car slam, flip, crash, donkey flip, etc. and they do not break. The production pieces will only get better.

Is the oversize tank a problem?
-A: No it is dialed just as Aaron says. It will have an insert just like the AD2 and tech will not be a problem.
But isn't there still a remote chance of some annoyance occuring due to an inexperienced driver forgetting about the insert?
-A: yes
Will that be a huge deal that changes the outcome of races?
-A: No

Will the angle of the front, center drive shaft cause horrible wear/binding issues?
-A: No
But mechanically speaking a cv joint set at a slight angle can't be good for anything right?
-A: Trust me, its dialed. Also keep in mind that there is no up or down movement involved in that center driveshaft.

I hope this clears up some of the questions that have been asked on the forum. Please feel free to prejudge the vehicle if you must. Any advertising is good advertising; and judging by the amount of pages on this thread the release of this buggy is set to be huuuuggge. Thank you to every single person in this thread for their support.
__________________
"Majority rule don't work in mental institutions"
Jeremy Felles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[email protected] 8ight-T and MBX5t Prospec- Trade for - Losi 8ight-B and [email protected] Mbx5t-DC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 45 07-20-2008 04:59 PM
Losi 8ight, 8, Eight Buggy Pro for sale with pics!!! supralative R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 06-02-2008 02:11 PM
New Painted Never Used Losi 8 Body/Fioroni Team Losi 8ight/8ight-T Adjustable*LOOK** layedbackguy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-06-2008 07:57 AM
## Losi 8ight Pro + (NIB) OS .21 V-Spec Speed w/Magnesium Head + JP Pipe - w/pics ## RcOneNitro R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 39 12-07-2007 02:22 PM
Losi 8ight w/parts for sale. Pics Included Dustinkeys R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 09-21-2007 10:04 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net