Hex Adapter for Traxxas Bandit

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Clark
  • 1 Post By ta_man

Hex Adapter for Traxxas Bandit

Old 10-13-2021, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hex Adapter for Traxxas Bandit

I was looking to replace the wheels and tires on the Bandit and it looks like the font wheel hubs are only the axel pins. What is the group recommendation on using hex adapters for the wheel hubs? How much of the thread do you really lose when you install these adapters? I don't want to be locked into using the Traxxas wheels and then mounting tires to that.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

figure it out. the hexs are what a tade under 1/4 " you can use a thinner hex nut
Old 10-13-2021, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just get rustler axels and wheel hexes. The front wheel hexes are wider than the rear on a rustler, so you might want to get rear hexes.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

You should have 12mm hexes on the front and rear axles. Sometimes the plastic hexes get stuck in the wheel and come off, leaving only the axle and pins. You shouldn't need to get new hexes to change wheels unless you're going with a wheel that uses a 14mm or 17mm hex.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Backyard RC View Post
You should have 12mm hexes on the front and rear axles. Sometimes the plastic hexes get stuck in the wheel and come off, leaving only the axle and pins. You shouldn't need to get new hexes to change wheels unless you're going with a wheel that uses a 14mm or 17mm hex.
+1 on the plastic hexes sticking. TRX at one time offered aluminum 12mm hexes. I have a pair on the rear of one of my Rustlers. Don't know why they wouldn't work on a Bandit with Rustler FR axle, shim and pin set-up.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Backyard RC View Post
Clearly spoken by someone who never had a Bandit.
RazorRC likes this.