Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Off-Road Truck to Get

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Which Off-Road Truck to Get

I'm new to R/C's and I'm looking to get a fun off-road truck - not to race, just to play. I'm not partial to Nitro or Electric yet...open to all suggestions opinions...I've been comparing the T-maxx and the Savage mostly. That's about the price range I want to stay in.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

if your going for a monster truck get the t-max the new one has a 2.5 engine (fast as hell) if your going for electric get the XXXT Matt Francis edition. I 'v been racing for two year I started off with a Assosiated team factory truck then switched to the losi and never turned back,it is the best truck for racing,if your going for a gas truck get a XXXNT Losi

Last edited by 2Fast4u(cjc); 01-02-2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your not going to race at all and just wanna jump a car then I would go with something by Traxxas. They might not come with the best stuff in their RTR combo's but they are the cheapest around. I have heard many, many people say that the Stampede (Electric Monster Truck) is durable. If you want nitro they have a Nitro Stampede. If you don't want a monster truck then they have the rustler, or nitro rustler. It all depends on what you want. The Losi and associated trucks lean more towards racing. Also you could check out Kyosho or HPI.

** I just read the last sentence of your post. I thought money might have been an issue. If you got the money then by all means go for the savage or if u wanna go electric get the E-Maxx... *drools over the savage*
Old 01-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I would recommend the Kyosho Ultima ST...

Http://home.no/lekeplassen/rc/

Thats my ultima
Old 01-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

If you want a nitro go with the Nitro Rustler (with the 2.5). It is a really good basher and doesn't brake a lot, well not to often. Its fast and it is good to learn off of. You can go off-roading and do some street. I heard the savage is really slow and big. YOu should also consider what you have a you local hobbyshop.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Look this!!!

I had a Maximum MT duratrax, It was good just for fun and it is cheaper than the others, but I donīt recommend you this truck, it has a lot of desing mistakes!!! If you have the opportunity to buy something better, I suggest you the T Maxx , or if you can get a Mugen MBX4 XR works (this is a buggy, but Is the best you can buy!!!) thaty would be great!!!!!