Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By waller2010
  • 1 Post By MX304

Team Associated RC8e spur gear

Old 09-30-2021, 06:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Team Associated RC8e spur gear

Hi guys,

I've been driving my RC8e for about 5 years now. I bought it used with 3 extra spur gears, but now they're all broken.
I want to ask you guys, if the spur gear of the newer models (like RC8B3.1e, #81389) may fit? The stock one #89519 was discontinued.

I would really like to keep my RC8e running. It's pretty much indestructible, except for the spur gear and shocks...

There may be some grammar mistakes in the text cause I'm not a native speaker..
Old 09-30-2021, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

None of the parts from the newer cars will fit. You might get lucky and find one on e-bay, but all of the parts for that car are discontinued and unavailable.

Last edited by MX304; 10-01-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can you post a picture and specs for the spur gear, there might be an equivalent that someone can recommend?
Old 10-02-2021, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I know some might think this blasphemy but I have determined I can fit an RC8 diff in a Losi 8ight (Why would I want to do that? Because Losi doesn't make a 48T plastic spur gear.) So you might be able to fit a Losi 8 diff in a RC8 and use Losi steel spur gears.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Thx for the replies.

Unfortunately I can't post photos or links because I have too little posts...
I'll try to find a used Losi 8ight-e diff.
I guess a whole RC8B3.1e diff won't fit in my RC8e?
Old 10-04-2021, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

a new AE diff will fit, aswell as a MBX8 diff.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Spur gear

Hey bud, i picked up a econversion for my rc8t and have the 2 spurs that came in the kit...one is a 46 i believe and a 50 im not gonna use because im running a steel one..
ruby666 likes this.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!
I'm sorry for not replying that long. But I had to work overtime and as usual I didn't really care about my RC stuff during winter..

So, I wanted to tell you that I was able to find an RC8 with the electric conversion kit built in. It was rather expensive, but I think it was worth it to have all spare parts available.

I managed to mess up the only one left spur gear last week. After an hour of research I found 2 new 44t spur gears for the RC8 on amazon Germany. I just ordered them.

And I just found a 44t steel spur gear on another site. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links here...
Old 05-16-2022, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Discontinued

In the old days. Not that long ago.I bought my associated stuff and told others to get associated. I said dude if you get associated it's cool cuz you will be able to get parts forever. Proven not true in recent history. Sad you cannot get parts for great older cars from the (best) company. So I sold my original associated truggy. My son is still running a bad to the bone rc8.2 that kills it on the track. Seems to be a sweet copy of like a kyosho 7.5 ish. With factory like king headz parts. Should gave got traxxas for best parts support. Rant over. Thanks
Old 05-16-2022, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasburrito View Post
In the old days. Not that long ago.I bought my associated stuff and told others to get associated. I said dude if you get associated it's cool cuz you will be able to get parts forever. Proven not true in recent history. Sad you cannot get parts for great older cars from the (best) company. So I sold my original associated truggy. My son is still running a bad to the bone rc8.2 that kills it on the track. Seems to be a sweet copy of like a kyosho 7.5 ish. With factory like king headz parts. Should gave got traxxas for best parts support. Rant over. Thanks
The original AE factory in China shut down and all the molds were destroyed, or stolen. That's why there is no parts support for the older platforms like there used to be. AE has no way of making them.
rustyus likes this.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Actually I'm done with AE and thinking of buying a new buggy. But I'm not sure which company provides really long spare parts support. What do you guys think of Losi? I found an 8ight XE Elite Kit for 600€ on Amazon. That seems to be rather cheap for an Losi kit.
Or should I just buy an Arrma Typhon 6S RTR for 550€? Are there any other suggestions? I'd like to run it on 4S, but maybe I'll upgrade to 6s later on. A friends Losi is a real beast running on 6S.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasburrito View Post
(Go to 2:01:46) Parts supplier bankruptcy for Associated and others: