Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Drag racing ESCs for off road racing >

Drag racing ESCs for off road racing

Drag racing ESCs for off road racing

Old 09-03-2021, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Drag racing ESCs for off road racing

Since March Tekin has mentioned they were developing DRAG RACING specific features that may find their way into track racing formats. Hotwire V280 has those features that create hyper aggressive throttle response and is now the only Hotwire version that can be down loaded. Torque Level - one feature to adjust for loose dirt tracks, is gone; replaced by Launch Boost. I was thinking Launch Boost was Torque Level renamed but not so according to Tekin. It combines with Launch Power (renamed minimum throttle) and Power Delay (time from minimum throttle to full throttle) to create an adjustable but hyper aggressive throttle response that drag racers need but does not limit/adjust the torque level. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using these new drag racing features for off road applications on loose dirt conditions especially with 2WD cars/buggies/trucks? I’m told I can turn off Launch Boost, but without the ability to control the torque, I’m running 100% torque to the motor on a loose dirt track with a 2WD vehicle - not a good idea according to V276 documentation. Any comments from user with off road experience on a loose dirt track with V280 in ANY Tekin ESC are welcome.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Since March Tekin has mentioned they were developing DRAG RACING specific features that may find their way into track racing formats. Hotwire V280 has those features that create hyper aggressive throttle response and is now the only Hotwire version that can be down loaded. Torque Level - one feature to adjust for loose dirt tracks, is gone; replaced by Launch Boost. I was thinking Launch Boost was Torque Level renamed but not so according to Tekin. It combines with Launch Power (renamed minimum throttle) and Power Delay (time from minimum throttle to full throttle) to create an adjustable but hyper aggressive throttle response that drag racers need but does not limit/adjust the torque level. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using these new drag racing features for off road applications on loose dirt conditions especially with 2WD cars/buggies/trucks? Iím told I can turn off Launch Boost, but without the ability to control the torque, Iím running 100% torque to the motor on a loose dirt track with a 2WD vehicle - not a good idea according to V276 documentation. Any comments from user with off road experience on a loose dirt track with V280 in ANY Tekin ESC are welcome.
Power Delay sounds like the Code launch control, you can set the time from minimum throttle to max - was a set and use once feature but good for the start of the race but in off road each corner will have a different amount of traction coming out so you could use more or less torque.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

V276 is still available for regular racing mode...