Wiki Posts
Search

nitro fuel???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default nitro fuel???

How do you make this? how come if you can mix fuel and two cycle oil that runs 2cycle motors but its like 100nbucks a gallon. thats crazy!!! how would you do it???
Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your asking how to make your own fuel. Unless you've played with fuels/lubes like alcohol,nitro methane, KLOTZ Benol id just stick to purchasing it in hobby shop.
If you want to try stop down at the local race shop they should have all the stuff just remember 8-12% oil is way more than your lawn mower at 32:1
Old 04-06-2006, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

lol just fixx ur tank up with some good ole 87 octane, throw some 2 cycle oil i and give your car a good shake! And RUn it! let me know how it does

We had a guy run 20% Byrons and add Amsoil to it, it actually ran decent!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

well i race gokarts or actually sell parts. But i have methanol is that what you nitro? i was going to mix 30 percent methanal and 100 octan gas with your normal castrol synthetic oil? will it work? im pretty sure it would but just want to make sure thanks for the reply guys...

i get the methanol by the 55 gallon drums...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

DO NOT USE GASOLINE..... the only ingredients in model fuel are nitromethane, methenol and oils/additives. There is NO GASOLINE in model fuel.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

yeah i just figured this out lol... Im going to do this tell me what you think

2 percent reslone
10 percent thor racing oil full synthetic
30 percent nitro
58 percent methanol

im new to these motors as you can tell but i think the above will work pretty darn good if you ask me..
Old 04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

just be prepared to have to but a new engine!!!! also dont try to race in ROAR races with your own fuel
Old 04-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

that should be legal for roar if i read the rules right? Also yeah i know ill be buying motors till i figure it out...
Old 04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Why in the world would you even want to try to make your own fuel? the companies making it have done extensive testing and research over YEARS of making fuel, sre you that cheap or do you REALLY think you can do better? Man I guess at $20 a gallon for something that is proven I guess I just don't see the point of wasting motor after motor finding out the hard way? Besides if you plan on racing, you are basically just throwing the money down the toilet from entry fee's to the cost of the motor. I have a 1350hp pro mod mud dragster in the garage and I don't even try mixin fuel, and I've been around this stuff for a while.

I guess the pointis this, you can buy fuel that is tried and proven in many various oil contents and nitro contents, It would be much safer and a lot less expensive in the short or long run to just do research on fuel that is allready on the market unless you are some kind of lab geek that specializes in fuels.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I`ll probably get slammed for this,But if the guy wants to "play" with fuel mixes.So be it, It`s his buck. How do you think new blends & these current fuel companies got started?? They had to start somewhere, RIGHT?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Radron
I`ll probably get slammed for this,But if the guy wants to "play" with fuel mixes.So be it, It`s his buck. How do you think new blends & these current fuel companies got started?? They had to start somewhere, RIGHT?
You do have a point here to a point- and I am saying this not as a "slam" but as a point of view** most of the people that "play" with these fuels have agreat understanding of fuels--like schooling, you must know flashpoints, combustability, and all kinds of other BIG words I do not have the schooling for--it is his buck but there is a reason that people usually do not play with fuel. you must have a great understanding of fuels and lubes and no offense but any one who starts out ready to mix methanol does not have a understanding of glow/model fuel--if wanting to go through with this may I suggest some schooling or at least some tutoring from someone who has done this for a living?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

As his post says,He already buys methanol. So I`m hoping he has some understanding of it. lf not, can anyone say BOOM!!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

guys guys no reason to fight you both are trying to deffend me in ways one just wants to makes sure i dont spend wortless time and money. The other stands up for me for knowing i do have some understanding thanks guys.

I understand this much

castor helps the motor in lean conditions keeps it more coated..

synthetic oils is protectant also on the motor parts also but at the same time very good when mixed with methanal to burn.

you got your nitro meth it produces oxygen at the same time being a fuel
sometimes you can add nitro to make a motor run cooler and smoother

Methanal runs cool but burns at a very hot level. And if you use top coat alky it would seal the cylenders and the top of the piston also will keep heat down.

now thor racing oil is synthetic but has a 2 percent blend of castor in it already. I have some idea but im not no expert thats Y i have decided to give it one try if it dont work im sticking with byrons or odon
Old 04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not fighting, Just responding. We`re both right,so no fight!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Radron
Not fighting, Just responding. We`re both right,so no fight!
I 2nd that. Or should we fight about not fighting--J/K ---LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.