R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Problems with LRP Sphere Competition ESC

Okay folks...you guys have all been great here on this site(especially this thread)So what do I do when I get a problem? You got it, Go to YOU guys...Here it goes!...Just wired up my MF2 and everything is great except for 1 minor issue the truck runs for about 4 seconds before it shuts off the throttle completly(brakes). If you wait 2 seconds it will begin to run again only to do the same thing all over again. My setup is a LRP Sphere competition ESC, Spektrum rec. going to M11 radio. ***SPECIAL NOTE!***The ESC will have a blue light come on(right side of ESC) with a yellow & red alternating flashing light(left side of ESC), when it shuts down, when the lights subside everything goes back to normal until it happens again! If anyone knows whats wrong please HELP! I tried to see what the light sequence means in the ESC instructions but it doesnt say anything about it!
wannarace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
Tech Addict

I don't think it is your esc at all. I think it is your spektrum. You are experiencing the exact same problem that many spektrum owners have already faced. The spektrum receiver requires 6 volts to opperate properly. When you give it gas, it drops the voltage below 6 to the receiver... consequently, shutting it off. Get a capacitor (spektrum makes one already wired up) and plug it into your receiver. The problem should go away.
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
Tech Legend

Its the Spektrum...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Damn that Spektrum! If thats what the problem is Im going to be pissed(I paid over 150 to avoid problems NOT make them!)....
Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace
Damn that Spektrum! If thats what the problem is Im going to be pissed(I paid over 150 to avoid problems NOT make them!)....
install a power cap and you wont have any problems
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

like this
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know this sounds stupid but if the battery is not charged it will do this as well, The power cap is factory installed, did you mount it where the instructions said to? I know the charging the battery sounds stupid but when I put mine in for the first time it the battery false peaked and it did the same thing as what your talking about.

Hope this Helps.

Scott

Team Associated, Reedy, LRP, Proline, Winning Edge Designs, Byrons Fuel, AVID Bearings, TFR Racing. ***Team Associated Region 10 Administrator***
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #8
Tech Adept

MarcosJ.---Thanks for the pic...it gives me a good visual of what Im looking for!

Scott S.---Im going to check the battery...Its a new pack that was charged for the first time, on the throttle the truck moved pretty quik, so I only assumed it was charged good...but Im going to make sure it gets a good charge the next time around...

Thanks to all! You guys are great...going to test things out tonight!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Are you sure if it is 6 volts or not? I have run mod 1/12th scale with an 8 double all season with a spectrum and never had a problem.
CarbonWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Check this one out everyone....The problem with my glitching was resolved by simply switching Spektrum recievers for about 5min to see if that was the problem...When it was switched BACK to orig unit to get tested again for glitching, the problem went away...is that wierd or what?