Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I heard next weekend?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #1217
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

JAMES AND FRIENDS...WED NIGHT BRING IT....
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:55 AM   #1218
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloco8
Hi guys. I was wondering how well (or worse) red x-2000s are at socal in comparison to pink x-2000s? I read through most of this thread and noticed that M3 holeshots, sq fuzzies and pink x-2000s seem to be the hot ticket, but wanted to how the reds affect handling over there since I have a few pairs of them. Thanks.
I am going to give the Red Tapers a go Wed. night on my truck.
Normally I run the Holeshots in M3. I'll let you know how it feels in comparison.
I am trying to find a longer lasting alternative to the ProLines.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #1219
Tech Prophet

Red tapers will not last longer if that is what you are hoping. Pink tapers will last a little longer then red tapers. They will also not work if the track is wet at all. Only when the track is try will tapers hook up. Otherwise you will be loose. R3 holeshots will last a little longer in drier conditions and give more grip IMO. I was running R3 in 19T truck with good grip on Sunday.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #1220
Tech Regular

Default Loose!

After watching the drift cars sunday, I thought I would see if I could go loose all he way around the track. lol

What tire do you think gives the best compromise between wear, and performance? As I improve my driving skills, tire cost has surpassed parts cost, and even cells. With two of us racing it seems like tires are needed each time I hit the track.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #1221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Does So Cal allow brushless in stock class? I don't think they do, but just thought I'd ask.
dag32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #1222
Tech Regular

Default Hmmm..

Couple of weeks ago I ran against a guy using a 13.5 in intermediate truck.
Nobody said anything that I'm aware of.

Is brushless ROAR legal at this point, or is that for next year?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #1223
Tech Prophet

I think you would have a hard time runing in sportsman stock with a brushless. The novice and int classes are a little more geared to run what your brung type of format.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #1224
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

From what I have seen, you are only subject to the rules if you are competitive. I know that LiPo is illegal in stock, but I know someone who runs it all the time and usually finishes top 5 in sportsman, and Slim knows, but since he doesn't win, it's not a problem.....
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #1225
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to brandonizr
Default SoCal

Hello All, just wanted to say hi, and had an awesome time on Sunday, first time racing period and had some beginners luck pulling 1st in Novice truck...thanks to Scott from Banzai, who helped me out with my wore out motor...and also to Eric and Zack for all the tips...Casper - i ordered some products from Banzai and i heard your the man to ask about gearing so i'll have to figure out who you are - shouldn't be too hard - saw your car bodies on your site...anyways, see you guys around
-Brandon
brandonizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #1226
Tech Prophet

What motors did you get and what cars you running them in?

Old 01-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #1227
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonizr
Hello All, just wanted to say hi, and had an awesome time on Sunday, first time racing period and had some beginners luck pulling 1st in Novice truck...thanks to Scott from Banzai, who helped me out with my wore out motor...and also to Eric and Zack for all the tips...Casper - i ordered some products from Banzai and i heard your the man to ask about gearing so i'll have to figure out who you are - shouldn't be too hard - saw your car bodies on your site...anyways, see you guys around
-Brandon

Hey Brandon, this is Erik. Good to see you made it on RCTech You dominated on Sunday! You should try Int truck next time you race. You'll run better and learn faster with the less "aggressive" drivers...

Your truck looks very capable, but now that you have the BANZAI power, you should plan on investing in some decent batteries in the future... When you do, try the EP4200s from here:
http://www.slingshotbatteries.com/

And I would suggest a better charger in the future as well as some sort of equalizer.

BUT, for right now, don't worry about anything I just said and just have fun racing and getting better!

BTW: Try putting either some foam, fuel tubing, or tape over the brake trigger. When I drove your car, I couldn't use the brakes because my finger would miss the trigger.

And FYI, I'm not sure if you know what kind of truck you have so its a XXXT Gen I tranny with MF2 arms and hubs. You can call it a MF1.5 or a MF2 with Gen I tranny.
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #1228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey Brandon if you need any help I race on Sunday. I wont be as easy to find as Casper but you can find my on the last table by the TV next to the counter. Be glad to help you in any way.
JamesnMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #1229
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to brandonizr

Thanks James, i'll keep a look out
Erik - thanks for the details on my truck, knew it was some crazy setup but sweet, now i know

Casper - first truck will be running the Blue 27 with MF1 tranny, 86 spur

my buddy Kenny, has the 2nd truck, MF2 with Blue 27 and he also got the KD19, 86 spur

I've been running the Monster in the 1st truck with a 16 pinion - seems like i've been spinning the tires/burning out a lot out of the corners, don't know if that is cuz i'm trigger happy, clogged tires, or maybe i should raise it up to a 17
Thanks all
brandonizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #1230
Tech Prophet

You are about right with a 16 with the GenI tranny and a monster. You can try a 17 but it might be a little tall. Go to a 17 on the CO27 motors.

With a GenII tranny you go up another tooth. 18/86 with a CO27 in a MF2. Run 20/86 with the KD19T in the MF2.

What tires are you running?