Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flanders
well, if im out there at practice, i'll let ya borrow mine, I dont use it much then. I just try to hone my lines. Still keep tellin myself i'll bring in my 20d, just seems the race bug bites the hardest, lol!

what days do you go? i usually go saturdays weekdays are days i stay home for summer or go to school during the school year..and sundays are days i stay home because my parents wont let me go play rc
Old 08-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Guru and Flanders--

Why don't you take this to a personal AIM chat or something...maybe you can even video chat and take off your shirts.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

hey nutsack, its a DISCUSSION THREAD so how about you mind your own business?

Last edited by Valentin.H; 08-20-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default You kill me NutFluff

video chat with your shirts off.

That is so sick but funny, very funny.....

Valentin ( a very stupid name for an obese Asian ) not only you are mean as a rattle snake but uglier than my avatar. Please don't hurt me.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Valentine when you finally grow a hair on your nutsack meet me at the track to race...oh that's right you don't RACE you discuss racing...good luck with puberty!

RACERS TIP: Maybe you can shave some peach fuzz off your lip and CA glue it down there. That is if your parents let you.

And please stop IMing me. I won't be your friend no matter how much you pay me. I just found out I can block posts by you and would you believe it, the SoCal thread has whittled down to 4 pages!!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutfluff
Hey Valentine when you finally grow a hair on your nutsack meet me at the track to race...oh that's right you don't RACE you discuss racing...good luck with puberty!

RACERS TIP: Maybe you can shave some peach fuzz off your lip and CA glue it down there. That is if your parents let you.

And please stop IMing me. I won't be your friend no matter how much you pay me. I just found out I can block posts by you and would you believe it, the SoCal thread has whittled down to 4 pages!!
Too funny, Todd.

How did all
the So Cal boys do at Babcock today?

Scott
Old 08-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Valentin.H; 08-20-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scott- LOL. He's just a kid so I feel a little bad but I like to have fun every once in awhile.

I'm in NYC as we speak but just got off the horn with Rooooot. He gave me the scoop on how he did (which I'll let him give you personally...which was not bad.) He did give some props to Jason B....who's getting faster and faster.

19 heats and just under 200 entries. You gotta try and come to one of these...they're fun.

My son and I shipped our buggies and bare minimum supplies out here to race at long island raceway...cool small indoor track very similar to Socal but around 19 sec laps...My son swept their INT class and I got third in 19T. It was fun but 4 heats (3 quals and Mains) took 4 hours. They only change their layout 3 times a YEAR!!!!

See you soon!!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

The track in Hemet was DIALED. A big thanks to everybody who made this race possible.
The JBRL went pretty well. The track was big and fast. I personally had some issues in qualifying, ended up qualifying 5th in the B in 19t and 4th in the B in mod. Surprisingly, Frank was in both of those B's as well. In 19t, Frank had some issues early on and fell behind, while I worked my way up to first place. Frank finally caught up with a few laps to go, and we traded positions several times. On the last turn I nearly caught him; I tried to pass him but made contact, so I let him keep his position (although everybody that talked to me afterward said the pass would have been fine - aggressive, but not a hack). We went across the line side by side. He ended up beating me by .001 seconds.
In mod, VanAir ended up pulling away and checking out. Frank again had a rough start, and I got up to second. Just like before, he finally caught me, and on the last lap made an awesome pass on me, triple-doubling the section that most people double-double-singled. That time around, he ended up finishing about a quarter second before me.
The worst part of the day was when the CompactFlash card I had in my camera stopped working. I'm hoping I can somehow salvage the several hundred pictures I had on it, but it's not looking too good right now.
Overall, it was a pretty good day - I'll let everybody else fill in their own experience.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 PM
The Evicerator

This thread is turning into

As The Root Turns!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evicerator
This thread is turning into

As The Root Turns!

I was lucky to get in some good racing with him today... I think I had more fun in those two races than I've had in a long time
Old 08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Hemet wasn't a very stock-friendly track. Between the long ass straight and the must-be-dialed jumps, it was a challenge to get around the track without crashing. I ended up with 5th, started 6th. After lap 1 I was in 2nd, but got taken out in the left-hand section of the drop down. Then got one of the first to crash, last to be marshalled type of deals. After fighting my way through the whole race, I guess I didn't do too bad. Andy broke (something was up with his car...) but still had more motor than me down the straight.

Chris Boice in 19 truck... Dialed...
Old 08-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have to admit, Hemet was FUN. Although there were some power problems and some people being kinda dickish about it all, in end it all worked out.

I ran sportsman stock and 19T. Stock I had the TQ run until the very last corner on the last lap where a car was upside down and I got hund up on it. I knew it was there and I tried to get out of the way, but I just didnt. qualified 2nd and stayed there most of the 1st half, catching up to 1st. But I started bobbling and crashung by not staying focused. but I was driving very fast and ended up 3rd. i had motor on everybody imho.

19T I qualified 6th and into the 1st corner everybody just tangled up or blocked each other. I just cruised the outside line to move up to 2nd. did the same thing as stock where i was in 2nd for a long time, then was pushing too hard to catch up and bobbled. fell back to around 5th, then moved back up to 2nd and last lap bobbled again and finished 4th.

Both of the races I felt as if I couldve done 1st or 2nd runs if I had kept it together. But Im very happy that I'm mentally improving.

Nut, you missed a very good race...
Old 08-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Hemet best track on the circuit so far, imo.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:34 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny_S.
Hemet best track on the circuit so far, imo.
It was the funnest track so far, with a truck! Was a little bumpy for buggies, but still fun.

As for socal boys, 4wd was Ronnie, Charles, Root,
And Cody King won 2wd mod, I got 2nd in mod truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.