Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

arg..i forgot the name..ill post some info when i find it tonight..im not sure..but i think its the homedepot center in Carson CA

btw, that track does look pretty flat, looks like your gonna need more driving skills than jumping skills for the next few weeks.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

hey jaejw1..... i was wondering what you were taking video of when i was marshalling
Old 08-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

hey btw.... anyone have a good setup for a t4? im running the stock setup, but i wanna try something new
Old 08-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run Cavaleri's set-up from the Cactus Classic @ SoCal and its availible on AE's site (www.rc10.com).

Its a good baseline set-up for groomed tracks.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I wonder if the thread dropped to page 2 cause is was weighed down by the new Race/Practcie Fee?? ??
Old 08-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
I wonder if the thread dropped to page 2 cause is was weighed down by the new Race/Practcie Fee?? ??

Have you heard the new racebucks payout?

Aparently its 1st gets as many as there are in a heat. 2nd and 3rd get each $2 less.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:12 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by killer89
Have you heard the new racebucks payout?

Aparently its 1st gets as many as there are in a heat. 2nd and 3rd get each $2 less.

Jim and Lana won't be in business much longer if they continue to run their shop like this...
Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Running it like what? Trying to make a profit?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

i am sure they will stay in business, i love the track, and many others love it also. If socal went down, it would really suck. i would probably be forced to quit RC because well, there arent any track around here! my dad would probably have to drive me 1-2 hours to go to some other track... guys, we cant just sit here and expect them to read our minds and improve what every person wants. what we have to do is try to help the track improve if we want it to. i know they are trying to make a profit, but if we want the track to stay up. we need to help jim and lana. i remember when i went to socal, and lana gave me free practice because there was an oval event going, so they do what they can. it is our part to try to help the track and maybe give suggestions or anything we could do to help socal. we all want socal to stay up right?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Casper
Running it like what? Trying to make a profit?

I don't want to get into what I think about Jim and Lana. All I know is that I am giving a lot more to Socal, and getting nothing more, even less than before... people won't everyone has a breaking point, and at a track where the customer doesn't matter to the owners, or an employee, why will some people keep going? Sooner or later, SoCal will have to try to rebuild the customer base they consistenly are destroying with something other than their location.....
Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

I don't want to get into what I think about Jim and Lana. All I know is that I am giving a lot more to Socal, and getting nothing more, even less than before... people won't everyone has a breaking point, and at a track where the customer doesn't matter to the owners, or an employee, why will some people keep going? Sooner or later, SoCal will have to try to rebuild the customer base they consistenly are destroying with something other than their location.....
whats wrong with their location? and hey...what..another 3 bucks to practice..and 5 bucks to race?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by RC Guru
i am sure they will stay in business, i love the track, and many others love it also. If socal went down, it would really suck. i would probably be forced to quit RC because well, there arent any track around here! my dad would probably have to drive me 1-2 hours to go to some other track... guys, we cant just sit here and expect them to read our minds and improve what every person wants. what we have to do is try to help the track improve if we want it to. i know they are trying to make a profit, but if we want the track to stay up. we need to help jim and lana. i remember when i went to socal, and lana gave me free practice because there was an oval event going, so they do what they can. it is our part to try to help the track and maybe give suggestions or anything we could do to help socal. we all want socal to stay up right?

Give all the suggestions you want, but I guarantee they will fall on deaf ears, Jim and Lana don't care about anyone or anything that isn't green....
Old 08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Give all the suggestions you want, but I guarantee they will fall on deaf ears, Jim and Lana don't care about anyone or anything that isn't green....
thats not true...ive received freepractice from lana before..and even when i was short on cash sometimes...i could always get my stuff...

and even if you think they dont care...im sure if the customers go up together and say something...things should happen..
Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by RC Guru
whats wrong with their location? and hey...what..another 3 bucks to practice..and 5 bucks to race?
How often do you go to the track? What like maybe once a week? I am there 3-4 times every week. I really see what is going on there. For most their regular customers, that is 3 more dollars 2-3 times a week, and for someone like the Schatzleins (sp?) That is another $9 every race night, and how many fewer hobby dollars? So maybe like $12-15 more expensive over night. I understand inflation, and I don't have a problem with higher prices, but $3 at a time.

For a racer without a personal transponder, $18 for a club race. JBRL, $25 first entry, 15 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Think about all the extra things you get at a JBRL race compared to a friday night at Socal. Tell me that's not wrong. Where would you rather spend your money...
Old 08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

When did they raise the prices? 15 is pretty high for just one class. Plus that extra 3 for not having a transponder. Imagine if you wanted to race two classes and didnt have any transponders!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.