Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

go there friday and see if it will set in..lol.. did anyone get any good videos of the races.. the mains.. i have the 4 quals but i had to leavee
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Trust me when I want to go racing this wed I will feel it!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jaejw1
go there friday and see if it will set in..lol.. did anyone get any good videos of the races.. the mains.. i have the 4 quals but i had to leavee

undergroundrc.com was shooting the video. They said about 2 weeks
Old 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

so are any of you guys from socal coming down to FHR for are last race, june 2nd ???

Mitch
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Mitch, we are trying our hardest to get down there this Saturday. My mod motors are completely trashed and are not usable any more. The comms were down to .264 inches and have some metal missing!

If my new LRP brushless motors arrive before Friday, we will be down there for sure. My dad wants to bring the RV and hang out for a few days afterwards in San Diego. I hope we can make it and will let you guys know before the end of the week.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MXer92
Mitch, we are trying our hardest to get down there this Saturday. My mod motors are completely trashed and are not usable any more. The comms were down to .264 inches and have some metal missing!

If my new LRP brushless motors arrive before Friday, we will be down there for sure. My dad wants to bring the RV and hang out for a few days afterwards in San Diego. I hope we can make it and will let you guys know before the end of the week.
cool Kyle. I hope you get it, its going to be a very fun weekend at are little sand box. even if you dont get it 19t is always an option. for are little track 19 is plenty. well ill see you and your family this weekend drive safe .

Mitch
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
Looks like a good turnout for the last race. I am sad I was not able to make it out there. I still do not think it has set in that So Cal is closing.

I know how you feel Casper, i also wasnt able to go
what happend was i had told my dad that So Cal was closing on the 31st and he said he would take me for the last race FOR SURE..even though i had some problems with school. unfortunatly i forgot to tell him that the last RACE was on FRIDAY and not the 31st. therefore, i was unable to go. and seeing these pictures and hearing from people how great that night was, and knowing i wasnt there, really killed me.. i just wanted to be there to get phone numbers to keep in touch with all the friends, and get pics/vids of all my friends and the races, and to say my final goodbyes. but unfortunatly, i missunderstood the final dates.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is the last day that So Cal is open?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M.Barry
What is the last day that So Cal is open?
the 31 so on thursday....the track has not been rebuilt in a long time so it is falling apart in alot of places.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

im going to be going there today.. i have to start on testing these tires.. even if i only have a few sections that ar smooth..
Old 05-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jaejw1
im going to be going there today.. i have to start on testing these tires.. even if i only have a few sections that ar smooth..
the track is ok but it just falling apart at like the end of the straight and getting a little dusty.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

well i have to test these tires out.. i promised the manuf. so i will just wright the condition of the track and take a pic of it..
Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

videos from last friday..

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ual5-25-07.flv

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...uck5-25-07.flv
Old 05-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

i went o socal yesterday to test a set of tires..

(the pics shows the difference between bomb one foams and the super soft stock foams)

d-bars-- http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=IMG_3519.jpg

wildboars-- http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=IMG_3520.jpg

to my surprise the d-bars performed too well.. atleast for my driving style.. as you guys may or may not know.. i like to drive my mini fast and be consistent (most of the time..lol )..

the d-bars caused traction rolls.. and when i wanted to break the rear tires loose it wouldnt spin them,, the rears just bit into the dirt.. even on power turns were wide since the rears would lift the front end.. but off power turns were very sharp.. for example the roller before the straight. welll after that the left turn to start into the sweep into the straight.. well the tires caused the car to HUG the pipe.. but turning onto the straight would result in a roll over.. ,,,, even the "s" section prior to the triple was hard to negotiate..
the good thing about having a lot of bite i didnt have to set up for either triple.. i could clear them from almost any distance away even up close.. actually i was jumping so far i was almost landing on the pipe.. im sure i could clear that pipe..lol.

the other tires though,, the wild boars, they didnt have as much bite.. and i was able to break the rears loose when needed ,, it didnt traction roll either.. well except for the fast sweeper.. thanks to the potholes..lol.. this tire had a lil more control to them,, and swinging the rear around was a lot easier.. the "s" section i could drift into the triple and also right before the washboard drifting into that was not a problem,, i was able to stay on power during turns.. it didnt not hug the pipe before the straight.. but it also didnt traction roll either whle turning into the straight..
i thought traction would be bettr with a wider tire.. but it wasnt atleast not as great as the d-bars..

the d-bars are large treads but are as soft as m3 compound.. while the wildboars are a lil harder much like m2 or r3's

my question is this with the closure of SOCAL (R.I.P.) running at pegasus is my only option until ??? ,,,
which tires should perform best?
what can be done to add more softness to the wildboars.. ?
and what is more desired for traction , control, manipulation?

also im using trinity buggy bomb one grey inserts.. cut to fit the wheel and tires..

this will be posted in a different thread,, so if you already answered in one thread no need to answer this one.. thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey guys, don't sell your cars yet! Apparently, so I've heard, SoCal is NOT closing yet.

I just heard that the landowner apparently didn't have a lease lined up with the new occupiers yet, so they offered SoCal a smoking deal to stay open for a few more months!

So I've heard, they will change their schedule to only 5 days a week and opening at 3 instead of 12, but the new schedule should be out by Monday. They will still be closed this weekend to get things together though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.