Team Associated RB10 RTR

Old 04-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Carbon is preferred in carpet off road
Old 04-02-2024, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AntH3000
It's fine, my kid has given it a beating and it holds up. Plastic moulded chassis were used for decades in top line race chassis.
I didn't expect plastic chassis can be use for so long
Old 04-02-2024, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by foosoomin
I didn't expect plastic chassis can be use for so long
A well designed plastic chassis can be very strong. The biggest issue is you often have to screw into the plastic, so over time those screws can expand with the cycles of taking them apart and reassembly. Iíve only ever had a plastic chassis failure with the original Clodbuster & that was running it in winter where the cold makes the plastic more brittle. Given they are much cheaper than aluminum or carbon chassis, this is usually still cheaper.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

nielsm

So we still can consider RB10 though
Old 04-03-2024, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Of course. It’s a good value way to get started in 2WD buggies. It’s based on the B5 which was a competitive racer for many years. The rear motor setup won’t be as fast on high grip tracks as it will have too much rear weight bias. But, if you are running on real dirt or just bashing outside, it’s a great option. And if you are running on high grip tracks, it’s still a low cost option to get started & see if you like it.
AntH3000 likes this.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

nielsm

I own a Team Associated B7 now........

So now i am considering a rear motor mount 2wd buggy...............RB10 comes into my mind
Old 04-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nielsm
The rear motor setup wonít be as fast on high grip tracks as it will have too much rear weight bias. But, if you are running on real dirt or just bashing outside, itís a great option. And if you are running on high grip tracks, itís still a low cost option to get started & see if you like it.
Rear motor car won the 21.5 class a month ago at the Desert Classic. Mid motor fad almost done.. rear motor bouta take over...
MaX-D and nielsm like this.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by will5879
Rear motor car won the 21.5 class a month ago at the Desert Classic. Mid motor fad almost done.. rear motor bouta take over...
Why do you think Associated released the RC10 CC? Itís making a comeback and will surely be at the top of the podium, even with all the brittle clear parts. Some top AE drivers are swapping their new B7 for the OG RC10 . I should have kept my gold pan I raced in the 80s!

But seriously, a good driver can win with any car. Thereís a YouTube series about a guy running a Traxxas Bandit in his local club races as a joke & doing well. While mid motor will be faster around a high grip track than a rear motor with the same driver, itís not like itís twice as fast.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

A few years ago I was running my old B5 and doing extremely well against modern cars in 21.5 / 17.5. Started as a joke there too but kept running it because it was hooked up, comfortable and easy to drive, and just a tick off the pace of the fastest guys far as lap times go. A single mistake wiped out any advantage there in a 5 minute race. If I go back again I might stick some B7 KPI stuff on there, could drive even better..
Mac The Knife and nielsm like this.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nielsm
Why do you think Associated released the RC10 CC? Itís making a comeback and will surely be at the top of the podium, even with all the brittle clear parts. Some top AE drivers are swapping their new B7 for the OG RC10 . I should have kept my gold pan I raced in the 80s!

But seriously, a good driver can win with any car. Thereís a YouTube series about a guy running a Traxxas Bandit in his local club races as a joke & doing well. While mid motor will be faster around a high grip track than a rear motor with the same driver, itís not like itís twice as fast.
That guy should get a commission on new bandit sales. Way more about the driver than the car
nielsm likes this.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I raced my RB10 this past weekend as well as my mid motor car. TQ'ed mod buggy with the mid motor and the RB10 actually TQ'ed over the mid motor car by 1 second. So properly setup they are no slouch.
Beasty Shout and MaX-D like this.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are there clear bodies available for these? Canít seem to find any. Wonder if B4.2 bodies fit?
Old 04-11-2024, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

A tamiya DT02 sand viper body is a close fit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONlng77Gh8
Beasty Shout likes this.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Changed the servo out for a Savox as the standard servo saver is pure junk in every respect, and broke also. Thought I may as well use a decent servo and alloy arm. Was getting receiver brown out so had to use a power cap plugged into the aux channel. That solved it. In case anyone else thinking of switching to a high power servo.
BlueCollarRC likes this.
Old Today, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AntH3000
Changed the servo out for a Savox as the standard servo saver is pure junk in every respect, and broke also. Thought I may as well use a decent servo and alloy arm. Was getting receiver brown out so had to use a power cap plugged into the aux channel. That solved it. In case anyone else thinking of switching to a high power servo.
Good info to know as new servos are #1 on my upgrade list.

Is a power cap a capacitor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.