Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ARRMA Big Rock vs. Granite vs. Vorteks (All 4x4 3s BLX) >

ARRMA Big Rock vs. Granite vs. Vorteks (All 4x4 3s BLX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARRMA Big Rock vs. Granite vs. Vorteks (All 4x4 3s BLX)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? ARRMA Big Rock vs. Granite vs. Vorteks (All 4x4 3s BLX)

Hello everyone!
This is my first post on the forum.
For most of my life, I have enjoyed R/Cs, but this is the first one that I will be getting that costs more than ~$100.
I'm looking to purchase a new R/C for off-roading in a construction site near me.
I'm seriously considering getting one of the ARRMA's listed in the title, but I don't think I know all the differences. To my knowledge, when you buy the Voteks, you get:Pros
  • Does 55mph out of the box as opposed to the Big Rock's 45. It can reach speeds of 60mph using the fast drive train.
  • Has a feature called AVC, which automatically corrects your vehicle if it's going left or right and you are not steering.
  • Probably other things electronic-wise that I am missing

Cons
  • More oriented towards flat/low terrain like sand or dirt than the Big Rock.
  • The tires are not built well for pavement, especially jumps on pavement. Due to being higher and having squishier tires, the Big Rock performs better in places like skate parks or parking lots. Not that I would be driving on them often if at all.

Anyway, I'd love if someone would outline the differences between these 3 cars for me.

TIA!
Glitch