Like Tree7Likes

Which 4WD SCT?

Old 04-19-2021, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Which 4WD SCT?

Iím in the market for a used sct for my daughter to race in a novice class and I may run it on occasion. Iím a TLR guy and so are some other guys I race with. However, they swear by the Tekno SCT410.3. They say itís a tank and will take a beating. I need some input on which route to go. LBS support is decent for both manufacturers.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yup, any version of the Tekno SCT410.1-.3. I raced one when I got back into RC after 20 years. Only thing that ever gave out was a front right bearing. I had spare arms unused for 2 seasons!
Old 04-19-2021, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It doesn't matter what style car you are looking for. If ask a Losi guy, he will say Losi is better. If you talk to a Tekno guy, he will say Tekno is better, and so on...

At the end of the day, they are all good trucks. Pick the one you feel most comfortable getting. If you're a Losi guy, then get the Losi. Otherwise it will eat at you. The biggest question should be how much you plan on spending on a set up.
raved007 likes this.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I am an Associated 1/10 guy and a Xray 1/8 guy and have been for many many years.... Just got my kid (6) the Tekno SCT410.3 for him to start racing for the very reasons posted above.

Literally hit the purchase button about 10 minutes ago.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

et410.2 is a blast. Can convert to SCT pretty easy. There is more support for parts, if you ever need them, for the et410.3 over the TLR.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

IMO, the tlr handles better, and the tekno is more robust.
p.s. the costs are roughly the same since the tekno needs a body.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Yes, TEKNO is considerably better than TLR for many reasons, TEKNO is less expensive to maintain with their 50% lifetime warranty, plus they sell parts in fewer quantities where TLR forces you to buy multiples of spares that you'll never need and most importantly all the TEKNO hardware is metric where TLR is a hodge podge of mixed matched SAE and metric making it difficult to wrench on.. oh and there are more tuning options for TEKNO.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have both before Tekno 410.3 and SCTE 3.0. The SCTE 3.0 is better to drive when i have a tekno i can't beat the tekno guy sponsor then when i got the new SCTE3.0 then i beat the tekno guy sponsor then i sold TEKNO 410.3
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I feel that performance is a wash between TEKNO and TLR... setup is key... while I agree that a box setup for TLR is easier to drive than the box setup for TEKNO... both cars can be tuned to drive almost identical to each other.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:24 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 285 (100%+)

The biggest issue you may see with the Tekno is when it wants to do Donkey kicking off of some jumps that against a TLR or at the time Team Durango car they would glide right over it. It was something we fought with for awhile, but considering the car was money on 95% of the track we just dealt with it. Mainly slam into brake and then right back into throttle before you hit the jump in question.

Overall having owned the various iterations of the SCT410, test drove some Losi's and helped work on them, and owning both iterations of the Durango SCT 4x4, the last iteration of the Durango SCT that you can't get anymore was probably the best balance of strength of the Tekno versus handling of the Losi.

But, if I was picking from what is out there now, I would just get the Tekno.
egalsim likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What motor / esc combo and servos would be a good setup in this truck?
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
I feel that performance is a wash between TEKNO and TLR... setup is key... while I agree that a box setup for TLR is easier to drive than the box setup for TEKNO... both cars can be tuned to drive almost identical to each other.
True the tekno sponsor guy he's been running when is out the Tekno 410.3 to be honest i'm tired always losing since we're same brand and help me to set up my truck but still can't beat him. So i decided to get the new SCTE3.0 for the first time i run with stock set up and twist some set up my SCTE 3.0 then i beat him in AMAIN. We run indoor track.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
The biggest issue you may see with the Tekno is when it wants to do Donkey kicking off of some jumps that against a TLR or at the time Team Durango car they would glide right over it. It was something we fought with for awhile, but considering the car was money on 95% of the track we just dealt with it. Mainly slam into brake and then right back into throttle before you hit the jump in question.

Overall having owned the various iterations of the SCT410, test drove some Losi's and helped work on them, and owning both iterations of the Durango SCT 4x4, the last iteration of the Durango SCT that you can't get anymore was probably the best balance of strength of the Tekno versus handling of the Losi.

But, if I was picking from what is out there now, I would just get the Tekno.
Definitely, the Durango DESC10 was definitely the best combination of performance and durability, too bad it's no longer being produced, only flaw that it had was a terrible motor mount. I too owned all 3 (Tekno SCT410, Losi SCTE 2.0, and Durango DESC10). I was hoping that Arrma would re-release the DESC10 as a pro version of the Arrma Senton using the Arrma Senton's motor mount. (basically exactly the same as the DESC10 in suspension components, and drivetrain except for the motor mount and chassis plate).
Cain likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

We have a couple of the Teknos.

I've been really happy with them. My 9y/o has one also. So far he has only broke a plastic A block and a shock cap. The truck can take a hell of a beating.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

et410.2 with a Prostar Chassis.

I'm happy to run against the SCT410 and SCTE's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.