Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Losi or associated

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 06:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi or associated

Well I try to decide between the losi truggy or the associated. Which one is more reliable
Old 04-19-2021, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've heard the Losi parts may be a little more reliable but I haven't tested this for myself. I've driven both brands and keep coming back to associated.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

flip a coin.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They’re both going to be as reliable as you build them to be.
you crash hard enough and they’ll break
Old 04-19-2021, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This sunday, sunday, suuuundaaaey

Thunder Tiger VS Taiwan

In an epic showdown in a acropolitan themed streets..
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

TLR turnbuckles are far more durable... I think they are 3.5mm, so that makes sense. The AE ones must be made of butter because the identically speck'd Yokomo buckles are far more resilient. That's about the only thing I can comment on regarding AE vs TLR.

Ok, one more thing. ThunderTiger is a lot better at listening to their users than Horizon Hobby... which comes as a bit of a shock to me, considering HH is American and TT is Taiwanese.
Goof and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BaconRaygun
TLR turnbuckles are far more durable... I think they are 3.5mm, so that makes sense. The AE ones must be made of butter because the identically speck'd Yokomo buckles are far more resilient. That's about the only thing I can comment on regarding AE vs TLR.

Ok, one more thing. ThunderTiger is a lot better at listening to their users than Horizon Hobby... which comes as a bit of a shock to me, considering HH is American and TT is Taiwanese.
I guess it depends on scale for turnbuckle sizes, however yes I feel that tlr buckles are beefy somewhat to beefy on the 8e4 to where 4mm turnbuckles and 6.8mm links work far better on a buggy, the 5mm and 8.8mm links seems to be really for the truggy. I use lunsford 4mm superduty thread length turnbuckles with HD rod ends from a Tenacity 10-t. I guess I don’t know if the tenacity rod ends are HD moly or not but they stay on the link better than the losi HD rod ends intended for the 8ight.

Horizon Hobby is a multi-national company and most part manufacturing are outsourced to Taiwan. Not that thats bad news, Taiwan as well as Japan have exceptional quality standards.
BaconRaygun likes this.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Lol. If ya'll are talking about turnbuckle durability..........then avoid both of those brands. Drive pins, cvd's, shock rods, plastics, diff gears, diff cases, etc. etc.

Buy once, cry once. Go Mugen, Kyo, Xray, HB racing.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

They both suck.

go with another brand.

btw, I have a AE and had losi’s
Zerodefect likes this.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Juglenaut
Horizon Hobby is a multi-national company and most part manufacturing are outsourced to Taiwan. Not that thats bad news, Taiwan as well as Japan have exceptional quality standards.
Wasn't implying anything about manufacturing quality of their products... I'm well aware Taiwan can build anything to whichever standard the buyer specifies. Taiwanese companies are not always known for their high level of customer service. I'm not gonna get deep into this here because its just too far off topic... but lets just say I've dealt with a few of these companies at a different capacity than a consumer, and Horizon can be very frustrating to deal with. The folks at TT were happy to hear feedback and reluctant to work on new solutions, to the point where they would overnight prototype parts from Taiwan for testing. My relationship with HH has been a lot more love/hate.

Anyway, to get back on topic, both brands are good, I just prefer AE to TLR. Lots of other great brands out there too.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BaconRaygun
Wasn't implying anything about manufacturing quality of their products... I'm well aware Taiwan can build anything to whichever standard the buyer specifies. Taiwanese companies are not always known for their high level of customer service. I'm not gonna get deep into this here because its just too far off topic... but lets just say I've dealt with a few of these companies at a different capacity than a consumer, and Horizon can be very frustrating to deal with. The folks at TT were happy to hear feedback and reluctant to work on new solutions, to the point where they would overnight prototype parts from Taiwan for testing. My relationship with HH has been a lot more love/hate.

Anyway, to get back on topic, both brands are good, I just prefer AE to TLR. Lots of other great brands out there too.
Team Associated is Thunder Tiger.. but I am not going to get much more deep than that, besides that you seems to be going off on a tangent anyway as I can feel the frustration trust me.

I would be less presumptuous as I was just trying to humor racing on a Sunday.

Old 04-19-2021, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Lol I know AE is TT... that's why I mentioned TT vs Horizon (AE vs TLR... the thread title).
Old 04-20-2021, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

They're both almost tanks, pick the one that looks best 👍
BaconRaygun likes this.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What is it 30+ World Championships now?
Pistol123 likes this.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

none of the above.... Tekno
Furadi likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.