R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default kyosho blizzard

hi guys this is my first time on here.

i have never had any real r/c toys but i have had in the past the toys r us versions. so i dont think they compare to anything like these new versions.

well i have a question. i finally looked and i like the look of the blizzard from kyosho. now what i have found out is that they have had these for a long time already. so i know the product will probably be around for a bit longer. well i dont know if i would want the electric version or gas version. could you guys tell me the ups and downs on both electric and gas version. again i have never owned a real r/c nor have i even experienced a gas one. so i was kinda looking to try the gas but for what i can kinda tell it looks like i need a ton more equipment for this. and i dont even know if its even reliable. or how hard it is to work. so any experience on gas and electric and better yet anyone with experience with the blizzard would definitly be apprieciated.
949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

the origional one was my first nitro. the motor was junk, but it served two gallons. the extra equipment was normal nitro stuff, glow igniter($20), fuel ($30 a gallon), plug wrench($10), and a few plugs($12). but there is nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning, or any other time in the day.
it has some power, and i use to jump it off dropoffs, climb anything, and generally abuse it! but it had its issues. parts were very slow, another motor almost non existant, it wound up in a box in pieces,that i moved two times, then in the end i just trashed it, 5 months later i hear that they are re introducing it. mad!
the electric is just a plug and play. if you can run a flashlight, you can run this.it is not as cheap as it sounds, batts($20), charger($50) things like that. it is slow, relative to my truggy, but it is cool, it depends what you like to do, if you like to tinker, all the time, like to occasional headache, and enjoy figuring out what is wrong, nitro iss the way to go. if you want to run it then forgit about it for a month electric is the way to go.

I personally love nitro, the speed and the power, the sound, and the smell, but i know that it is not for everyone.
best of luck,
Eric
sukidr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:23 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

thats gotta be the best reply you could get. I too am a nitro freak.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

thanks for the reply.

what is needed if i have nothing?
i mean to start from scratch with no tools or anything.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukidr350
the extra equipment was normal nitro stuff, glow igniter($20), fuel ($30 a gallon), plug wrench($10), and a few plugs($12). best of luck,
Eric
that should be it
sukidr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kyosho came out with the new models of the Blizzard and I think it worths to take a look over the old ones, plus the price is not that much higher either:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...d_df300-j.html
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Kyosho came out with the new models of the Blizzard and I think it worths to take a look over the old ones, plus the price is not that much higher either:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...d_df300-j.html
as far as i can tell the new ones are actually cheaper cause online everyone is selling used ones for the same price as the new ones so i am guessing the old ones were more.