• 1 Post By BaconRaygun
  • 3 Post By RogerM
  • 1 Post By Smokeyr67

1/10 off road setup station

Old 03-21-2021, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 1/10 off road setup station

For a 2wd buggy, do I really need a set???
I am considering hudy set or arrowmax set.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

I thought that was an onroad thing. I don't know anyone in offroad that uses one.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

My stadium trucks get a static set-up on the workbench - camber, toe and ride height. RPM camber and toe gauges, along with a set of inside calipers to measure ride height is the extent of my setup station. Most useful changes seem to come in the pits when adjusting to what the truck needs on the track.

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited by AHR43; 03-21-2021 at 07:33 AM. Reason: oops. change to caliper designation.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Do you need one? No.

Do I use one? Yes.

Is it better than quality gauges? Probably not?

I'm not convinced it is that critical, but I do use one on my buggies for carpet off road

I think you can do just as well with quality camber gauges. I do like the toe measuring ability.
RogerM and AHR43 like this.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
For a 2wd buggy, do I really need a set???
I am considering hudy set or arrowmax set.
After giving your inquiry more thought, perhaps a re-look on use of set-up stations for off-road might be in order? Off-road appears moving more to predictable surfaces such as carpet and hard-pack clay these days. Maybe some of the guys running those surfaces as opposed to the ever-changing loose dirt track can offer more insight? Cheers. 'AC'
Old 03-21-2021, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

I tend to go through cars quickly and use a station for repeatability on my builds
Old 03-22-2021, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I prefer to use my setup station for the initial build, especially to get toe and front wheels centered, but after that I use my camber gauge at the track for quick checks before each run, rarely do I ever have to adjust the front toe after the build.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Cant speak for setup stations, but I recently got the DE racing setup wheels, and that was a $35 well spent. Made camber and toe settings SO much easier to set accurately. They are a bit larger than the 2.2 wheels with tires, so setting ride height would require some additional maths, but I suppose doable.
Silverbullet555 likes this.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

I use an Arrowmax setup station when making big changes but trackside I tend to use a fresh unused set of wheels and standard camber / toe gauges as it is so much faster than building the car into a setup station and there is usually so little time between rounds.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

I canít comment on whether or not a setup station will make you faster (Iím slow no matter what I do) but for a tool geek like myself itís a must have😁

I get just as much, if not more fun out of building, rebuilding and setting up a car as I do driving them!

In the end, itís up to you. Iím sure that a perfectly measured car could be faster, as long as your perfect setup suits the track and more importantly you and your driving style.
BaconRaygun likes this.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

"Hudy Universal Exclusive Set-Up System", use it all the time. Then pickup the "Hudy Upside Measure Plate (1/8 Off-Road)", and you can use it for 1/10th Stadium Truck and Shortbus. Must have, no. But they work good. You know they do, as when done, the car drives straight if you let go of the steering wheel.
Old 03-27-2021, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

They are not necessary. But I enjoy using it, it's fun to "geek out" on the build/setup. They do make initial front end/servo setup much faster.
Old 03-27-2021, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
I canít comment on whether or not a setup station will make you faster (Iím slow no matter what I do) but for a tool geek like myself itís a must have😁

I get just as much, if not more fun out of building, rebuilding and setting up a car as I do driving them!

In the end, itís up to you. Iím sure that a perfectly measured car could be faster, as long as your perfect setup suits the track and more importantly you and your driving style.
Same here, I love building them and setting them up. I don't have much time to race so I have new kits just sitting around that I tinker with.