Search
Like Tree75Likes

Serpent srx4 gen3

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by brewkett
Playing with the pill calculator, would I be better with more anti squat, or more roll center?
I would play with this setting at the track..bench theory can get heavy. But generally adding antisquat pushes the front wheels down from acceleration, but takes away side bite on the rear, vice versa taking anti squat away.
Roll centers are adjusted or adjustable from many different points on the suspension, higher the grip the smaller adjustment is felt. Again , start with a very neutral point, and go from there.
BigRon likes this.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brewkett
This is my setup as I ran Tuesday night. I raised my front and rear roll center, fuzz bites front tires mounted for less traction, cactus rear. Still traction rolling but not as bad, short of trying to glue the side walls not sure what else to try.
Someone at the shop told me I should try softer front springs.....not sure as it goes against everything I know of for traction rolling.

Don't overlook gluing the sidewalls. At carpet championships last year all the jc drivers were gluing sidewalls aggressively and the mod drivers were re-gluing the sidewalls after each run.
ChadoSan likes this.
Old 07-10-2022, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BHutch
Don't overlook gluing the sidewalls. At carpet championships last year all the jc drivers were gluing sidewalls aggressively and the mod drivers were re-gluing the sidewalls after each run.
That was going to be my next thing to try.....I use to glue my on-road tires back in the day. Still have my collapsible cup to spray the accelerator into.
The only thing that sucks I burned my arm opening up a hot cooling system and taking time to heal before I go back out to the track. hopefully next week I'll try
Old 11-01-2022, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Alternative bodyshells

Hiya folks,

Are there any alternative bodyshells that fit this buggy?
Old 12-09-2022, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone had any issues with really tight tie rod ends on this car? Just built mine on Tuesday and all of the rod ends are tight as are the shock bottoms. Ran about 600 laps at the local track yesterday and it has loosened up some but still not quite right.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes, overly tight, limited supension travel. Even had problems with aluminum parts not being threaded.
Old 12-10-2022, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default titanium screws and rod end solutioin

Firstly, Klink RC now has a titanium top-screw kit for this car. Mine is shipping now.

Secondly, for the rod ends. If you mean the tightness between the balls and the rod ends there is an easy solution.
Unscrew the ball from the car.
Put a small amount of bearing oil on the ball/rod end assembly.
Put the threaded end of the ball stud into the end of a dremel tool.
Turn on the dremel carefully at medium speed and articulate to and fro carefullly.
What happens is the oil and ball stud heat up surprisingly quickly so only do this for 15 seconds or so.
Should be completely free with no play.
I wouldnt let a child attempt this but adults should be OK. Just be careful.
kufman likes this.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wdfull
Firstly, Klink RC now has a titanium top-screw kit for this car. Mine is shipping now.

Secondly, for the rod ends. If you mean the tightness between the balls and the rod ends there is an easy solution.
Unscrew the ball from the car.
Put a small amount of bearing oil on the ball/rod end assembly.
Put the threaded end of the ball stud into the end of a dremel tool.
Turn on the dremel carefully at medium speed and articulate to and fro carefullly.
What happens is the oil and ball stud heat up surprisingly quickly so only do this for 15 seconds or so.
Should be completely free with no play.
I wouldnt let a child attempt this but adults should be OK. Just be careful.
I was messing around doing something similar to this but I used tooth paste and baking soda. Didn't get them totally free but they are better. I have also just considered replacing all the rods, rod ends and balls with Losi or AE parts.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Grab the ball end with a pair of pliers and squeeze it fairly hard. Do this on the car with the balls in the ball ends. If it doesn't free up, squeeze it harder.
kufman likes this.