Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Sportwerks Turmoil ARR Buggy (race legal) >

New Sportwerks Turmoil ARR Buggy (race legal)

New Sportwerks Turmoil ARR Buggy (race legal)

Old 03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Sportwerks Turmoil ARR Buggy (race legal)

Anyone knows the Sportwerks quality on Buggies ? ... i mean, this new machine its race oriented, do you think it worth it ? :

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SWK1155

thanks,
Old 03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Anyone knows the Sportwerks quality on Buggies ? ... i mean, this new machine its race oriented, do you think it worth it ? :

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SWK1155

thanks,
look like a Mayham Pro-Race version, nice looking
Old 03-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Tabushi look at this way, if ya pull the engine out at about $180 bucks you are getting a race roller at about $400. It is a good car for the money........
Old 03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Thats because im asking about quality and track performance ... i was about to buy a Hyper 8 from Ofna when i saw this one ...
Old 03-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Thats because im asking about quality and track performance ... i was about to buy a Hyper 8 from Ofna when i saw this one ...

The quality of the Mayham is actually very good. I raced it for about 1 1/2 years with no problems at all or very little. I took the buggy as far as I could take it, I just couldn't get anymore speed out of it with the way I drive and that is why I made the switch to a different buggy. It is a great buggy to start out with for sure.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Speedbump - you're everywhere!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Here are the pics, im evaluating buying it v/s the Hyper 8 ... what you think ? :

Hope you like it ...
Old 03-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

wasss up ZZ? I have been on RC Tech for a while. It is a fun place to help out.

Tabushi the Mayhem has proven it self to be a very stable buggy for the entry level racer. I don't know much about the Hyper8 although some say they like it. If you want a proven race buggy, one that you will see alot of at the bigger races and is close to the same price wise then look at the Jammin.

The other thing I would consider it support at you LHS for the buggy you plan on driving. You might also look to see what others are driving at your local track. If you get something that is popular at your track it will make getting help much easier with setups and parts if you are in a bind.

This was one of the reasons I chose to run the Mayhem as I live pretty close to Horizon and raced at the same tracks that the people who designed the buggy raced and tested.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Does anyone have any new reports on the Turmoil?
I'm .0000000000000000001" away from getting one and would like any final thoughts.
Troy
Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They took the Mayhem & improved it on what the racers wanted to change or put on it or take off of it & thats exactly what Sportwerks did. They took everyones input on the Mayhem and made the Turmoil.

I havent driven a Turmoil but I have a Mayhem. The Mayhem needed a little things here and there but overall it was a decent buggy. And if Sportwerks took it and made it even better by fixing all the little things, and it was in my price range, and my LHS carried parts for it, I would go ahead and get the Turmoil.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Is the Pro version really that much better than the RTR?
Troy
Old 06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Turmoil is a great buggy and is capable of running with any other car out there. My 12 yr old son has had a preproduction Turmoil for some time this year and is super fast with it. He was on the Xray team last season and we really liked the XB8 but he is for sure faster this year with the Turmoil and really likes the stability of the car. He says the harder he drives it the better it seems to work. He qualified 7th at RC Proseries Midwest round 1 and was running 4th when he got tangled with another car and broke a steering link.
He was running with drivers such as Kevin Wilson, Josh and Justin Wheeler, Ryan Lutz, and Matt Gosch.
Here is link at this forum with more information about the Turmoil.
The last 3 or 4 pages have some good info.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&page=21&pp=30

Bump, good luck this weekend at Glitchers cash race if you are going.
Kadow and Derek both put in 14 lap runs last Saturday.

Derek 14 laps/7:24
Brian 14 laps/7:35

low 30 second laps for both of them.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Yes!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Bump, good luck this weekend at Glitchers cash race if you are going.
Kadow and Derek both put in 14 lap runs last Saturday.

Derek 14 laps/7:24
Brian 14 laps/7:35

low 30 second laps for both of them

Dang Troy that is smokin! Leave it to those younger wipper snappers to pull off a 30. I have only been their once on the new track and my best was 31.3. Guess I have work to do!, lots............ Are you two going?

Oh and thanks for the good luck.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Derek and I won't be there for the cash race as he will be at his moms and I am going to go through both the Turmoil and the Arena Truck getting them ready for the Panther race. Are you going to make the Panther race at JCP?
I know Brian said he was going to the cash race and Lee Morrison as well. There were 6 to 8 people at Hardesty's this Sunday that said they thought they were going so there should be a good turnout.

Kadow actually turned a 29 sec lap in practice and Derek's best lap I saw was a 30.08.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.