Losi Lasernut U4 Update >

Losi Lasernut U4 Update

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve B in Vega

Losi Lasernut U4 Update

Old 10-16-2020, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi Lasernut U4 Update

Been hammering away with this on our desert track, and I've made a bunch of mods. While I'm adding details to my website, a few general comments:

1. This buggy dives exceeding well on chunky, loose terrain. It's a very good layout.

2. The parts quality leave much to be desired. If they made a roller kit and used high-quality parts, this would really be a winner for its intended use.

3. While it has the footprint of a 1/8 buggy, it's build from 1/10 parts, and high speed bashing is going to kill this machine. I know there are a bunch of videos of this thing bashing, but I can bend the shock towers with my hands.

s

Losi Lasernut U4
Dave_S likes this.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Turd

One to avoid then? 💩💩💩💩
Old 10-16-2020, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't say that, but we are running ours hard on the desert track and it's showing much more wear and tear than some other vehicles. I do not consider it as robust as a ARRMA basher.

Here is an image of the front. Get the RPM skid plates for sure.

s

Losi Lasernut U4 with RPM Skidplate.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Lasernut U4 BROKE

I have grenaded 2 center diffs, one rear diff, broken drive shafts/cvds..... I’m tired of it lmao I’ll pay someone to do the dirty work and come up with a parts list to make this darn thing unbreakable... well as close as we can get to it at least
Old 01-20-2021, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ashtp2001
I have grenaded 2 center diffs, one rear diff, broken drive shafts/cvds..... I’m tired of it lmao I’ll pay someone to do the dirty work and come up with a parts list to make this darn thing unbreakable... well as close as we can get to it at least
The TEN-SCT is a PreRoller to the U4 sadly it seems I have left the sct platform for now.

Both these RC can be combined to bring the U4 upto TLR kit level. I am not sure what their thinking was on a RTR class buggy rock crawler when clearly it needed to be a kit because they are literally forcing hobbiests to purchase a kit they will not use besides to ‘retune’ a U4 lasernut and down hop a kit TEN-sct. Seems that Losi just wanted to push it out the door, thou nice and awesome looking.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default U4 Wheelbase vs TEN SCTE

Originally Posted by Juglenaut
The TEN-SCT is a PreRoller to the U4 sadly it seems I have left the sct platform for now.

Both these RC can be combined to bring the U4 upto TLR kit level. I am not sure what their thinking was on a RTR class buggy rock crawler when clearly it needed to be a kit because they are literally forcing hobbiests to purchase a kit they will not use besides to ‘retune’ a U4 lasernut and down hop a kit TEN-sct. Seems that Losi just wanted to push it out the door, thou nice and awesome looking.
Hey Juglenaut. Honest question here as I honestly have no clue.... I'm just returning to RC after almost 20 years. Do all the TEN SCTE parts actually fit the Lasernut? I'm most worried the drivetrain stuff won't fit because the two cars are different wheelbases. I literally just bought a Lasernut and I'm already thinking about buying a TEN SCTE literally for doner parts. lol
Old 03-13-2022, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

can you give detail and link for those aftermarket shocks please??? would you recommend them?? are they 100mm in the rear and 90mm in the front?