2wd stock buggy for carpet - recommendations >

2wd stock buggy for carpet - recommendations

Like Tree9Likes

2wd stock buggy for carpet - recommendations

Old 10-13-2020, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Brand loyalty. Itís not just for racing. The basher side has it as well.

I bet a few of the old school guys would have a fit at my pit. Xray, Associated, Serpent and soon a 4th. My on road pit looks similar. Someday Iíll add a Losi. Just to be fair
That's funny. I use to get crap from the Losi guys because I would have my Losi XXT and my Kyosho Pro XRT on my bench at the same time. I race which ever I was feeling the most comfortable with during practice runs. They would have a fit when I pulled out the Kyosho over the Losi. However. I was friends with all of them, so I know it was all in good fun. The worst harassment I ever got was when I hung up my RC10T and started driving my XRT. I truly think some of the guys were actually upset with me. It got worse when I purchased the Losi XXT instead of the new AE. I was looking at the AE, but there were too many of them at the track already. In fact, I had the AE in my hands at the register.

How do you like your Serpent? I that is probably the only brand I have not driven. I have seen them, but I haven't had the chance to drive one. Which one do you race the most? Last question. What car will be your 4th?
Old 10-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
That's funny. I use to get crap from the Losi guys because I would have my Losi XXT and my Kyosho Pro XRT on my bench at the same time. I race which ever I was feeling the most comfortable with during practice runs. They would have a fit when I pulled out the Kyosho over the Losi. However. I was friends with all of them, so I know it was all in good fun. The worst harassment I ever got was when I hung up my RC10T and started driving my XRT. I truly think some of the guys were actually upset with me. It got worse when I purchased the Losi XXT instead of the new AE. I was looking at the AE, but there were too many of them at the track already. In fact, I had the AE in my hands at the register.

How do you like your Serpent? I that is probably the only brand I have not driven. I have seen them, but I haven't had the chance to drive one. Which one do you race the most? Last question. What car will be your 4th?
My 17.5 SCT will be from PR racing. It’s not a brand I was familiar with. A member here who’s experience on the race side I do respect, even though we don’t always agree on the basher side. Sold me his. He’s been using their buggys. The RD/owner at the clay track had heard of it, but not seen one. Likes what he sees looking at it. It will get time on both clay and carpet.
Sdx4. Not the newer evo. After last weekend, I do now think it’s heavy compared to the others. I’d not had to Marshall 4wheel till this weekend. Some felt really light
So far so good with the Serpent. I’ve got a few of their touring cars. And the deal was too good to pass. I’ve spent more on tires then the buggy itself. Fortunately I’ve got 2 Serpent drivers at the clay track. And both will help. I’m just not good at asking. Unfortunately no local parts. But I knew that going in.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

My 17.5 SCT will be from PR racing. Itís not a brand I was familiar with. A member here whoís experience on the race side I do respect, even though we donít always agree on the basher side. Sold me his. Heís been using their buggys. The RD/owner at the clay track had heard of it, but not seen one. Likes what he sees looking at it. It will get time on both clay and carpet.
Sdx4. Not the newer evo. After last weekend, I do now think itís heavy compared to the others. Iíd not had to Marshall 4wheel till this weekend. Some felt really light
So far so good with the Serpent. Iíve got a few of their touring cars. And the deal was too good to pass. Iíve spent more on tires then the buggy itself. Fortunately Iíve got 2 Serpent drivers at the clay track. And both will help. Iím just not good at asking. Unfortunately no local parts. But I knew that going in.
You know... I have never seen a PR in person. That there might be the most rare RC race brand. I have seen pics of them and they look like they are podium quality brand. Let me know how it runs for you. The rare factor brings my interest in it.

How are the Serpent on-road cars. Maybe I'll look at those instead of Xray.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:48 AM
Tech Prophet

You know... I have never seen a PR in person. That there might be the most rare RC race brand. I have seen pics of them and they look like they are podium quality brand. Let me know how it runs for you. The rare factor brings my interest in it.

How are the Serpent on-road cars. Maybe I'll look at those instead of Xray.
the serpent on road cars are very good. They do have an slight different internal gearing. Have to remind my self when gearing is a 2.0 instead of a 1.9

There a nice new in box one for sale.

Serpent x20 NEW IN BOX

They might be podium level. My driving isn’t there yet. If want more information about the PR vehicles. Bill Delong is who I bought mine from.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

the serpent on road cars are very good. They do have an slight different internal gearing. Have to remind my self when gearing is a 2.0 instead of a 1.9

There a nice new in box one for sale.

Serpent x20 NEW IN BOX

They might be podium level. My driving isnít there yet. If want more information about the PR vehicles. Bill Delong is who I bought mine from.
That is a smoking good deal. $375 for a $530 car. Now you just ruined my day! Now, about the wife... Should I ask for permission or ask for forgiveness? It's still not that cold at night and I do have a trailer to sleep in and my couch is pretty comfy.

JCarr and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

That is a smoking good deal. $375 for a $530 car. Now you just ruined my day! Now, about the wife... Should I ask for permission or ask for forgiveness? It's still not that cold at night and I do have a trailer to sleep in and my couch is pretty comfy.
Yes it is. I almost bought one over summer, but had just started on clay. And if I wasnít doing good on clay. Iíd have bought it last night. Plus Iíve got way too many touring cars already.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

+1 for the Wilspeed conversion for the B6.1

The XB2 is also a great car and what I currently run (2019 edition)
Old 10-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

+2 on the Wilspeed conversion for the B6.1
Perfectly tuned for carpet racing and now more affordable than ever with many 6.1s available pre-owned.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JCG1
+2 on the Wilspeed conversion for the B6.1
Perfectly tuned for carpet racing and now more affordable than ever with many 6.1s available pre-owned.
That Wilspeed chassis looks pretty cool.

Has anyone tried using the RZ6 kit? I know Jared Tebo used it on carpet, but I haven't really heard any reviews on it.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Brand loyalty. Itís not just for racing. The basher side has it as well.

I bet a few of the old school guys would have a fit at my pit. Xray, Associated, Serpent and soon a 4th. My on road pit looks similar. Someday Iíll add a Losi. Just to be fair

So I meant to comment about the Brand bashing with basher RC vehicles. I agrees with that. There is a big battle between Arrma fans and Traxxas fans. They all forget that the bigger name brands have bashers that are at the top of the scales.

Some hate Traxxas because they claim Traxxas is making the hobby look cheap with all their advertisements being placed where ever you look. If you ask me, I think Traxxas is what put the spark back into this hobby. I totally think that Traxxas vehicles are only "Good" by comparison, but I thank them for what they have done for this hobby.
Billy Kelly likes this.