Best 1/8 Buggy (Opinions) >

Best 1/8 Buggy (Opinions)

Like Tree35Likes

Best 1/8 Buggy (Opinions)

Old 08-26-2020, 02:22 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
There were a few Teknos. They just didn't have their top drivers there.
Are there any top Tekno drivers left in Europe since Alex Zanchettin left? I know of a few good drivers in UK and Austria but I wouldn't consider them among the top 20 in Europe.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi View Post
Almost true. What it boils down to is I'm able to set the Tekno up for how I drive. It just has certain features that my old 8ight 4.0 did not have like more mechanical steering and smoother suspension due to the hinge pin bushings.
It's also worth noting that at least in my case the Tekno is easier to tune just because it's so easy to work on. Changing diff oils is now a 15 minute job instead of a an hour or two.

I wasn't bashing on Tekno. I just sold my Losi 8ight 2.0. I'm also thinking of getting a Tekno. I'm juggling between a Tekno, Kyosho, or the Mugen. All nice cars. I like the ride height of the Mugen. It sits a little higher for rougher terrain. There just isn't anywhere to race 1/8 scale around here.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running a JQ GE and BE.... yes bring the hate, lol. I have found it very easy to drive and work on coming from 1/10. I don't know everything on setting it up so I get it to a feel that I can drive it easy and decently fast. I can say that the thing is damn near indestructible. Some of the wreaks that I have had, I could have sworn that something was broken and nothing was wrong with it. Almost like it is a tank.
themountain likes this.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Xray cars have been super durable and easy to tune the set-ups with all the available set-up sheets they have.
If you start with one of Paul C set-up sheets the car is super good and only needs fine tuning to your driving style. I'm able to use that same setup at 4 different tracks in my area and only change tires and shock oils and does great. I run mine with a 4s Low Profile pack and is close to the weight of using dual shorties.
rwhammond, hunterdawg and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post

Canít wait to get this on the track. Just waiting on a few more things and the rain to stop. Might have to build an Ark next 🙄
man I want the truggy or HB OR AE canít decide!!!!
Old 11-12-2022, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

The following was my post from over 2 years ago, and at the time I had decided to buy the EB48 2.0, I raced it for a year but decided to switch over to HB for the following reasons:

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/...864/post-17986

I couldn't be happier with my HB E819RS which I feel is better suited for my driving style (old man with slower reflexes) don't get me wrong, TEKNO is equally as fast in my hands but HB is more consistent/forgiving where I don't have to react as fast to prevent a traction roll or snap oversteer which I struggled with TEKNO. There are lots of fast TEKNO drivers in my area and they love the platform, but it requires A LOT of upgrades to where I spent more money on upgrades than I spent on the kit! In contrast, HB doesn't require a single performance upgrade out of the box, in fact HB comes with blank pistons, tall wing mount and proper springs in the kit, long term maintenance costs have been less expensive with HB for me as well:

If I was to go back to TEKNO today, I would buy the NB48 2.1 kit and do an electric conversion using the Mugen motor mount (reversed) and AE saddle packs, this chassis is about the same width as HB which would offer the handling characteristics that I need for my driving style, plus the 2.1 has included most of the upgrades that I had to make to the 2.0 electric kit.

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
In my area, the vast majority of drivers have switched to the TEKNO EB48 2.0

I took a break from 1/8 over the past 18 months, but the 1/10 program is slipping as the majority of folks are jumping over to 1/8 from 1/10 and I may have to get a 1/8 myself where I'm currently having to run my 1/10 mixed with the 1/8 cars which puts me at a huge disadvantage.

I've seen just about every brand of car show up with the following brands I've ordered in popularity based on my personal observation locally:

1) TEKNO

2) XRAY

3) MUGEN

4) AE

5) SWORKz

6) AGAMA

7) SOAR

8) TLR

9) HB

TEKNO rises to the top for many reasons, they offer more tuning options than most other brands, phenomenal team driver support, extremely durable and quick access diffs for all 3 make it one of the fastest/easiest cars to rebuild. They are the only brand who offers a 50% lifetime warranty on parts!

First thing I do when comparing cars is I go through the online manual and I try to see how easy it will be to get into the diffs.

From a performance perspective, the latest release from TEKNO has proved to be VERY competitive as many middle of the pack drivers are now in the mix after switching to TEKNO. Also look at the #1 driver today is a former Kyosho driver who jumped over to TEKNO:

https://www.top25rc.com/nitro-buggy

I'm in the process of slowly buying all my 1/8 electronics and plan to buy a 1/8 kit within the next month or so, I haven't made my final decision, but I am leaning heavily toward TEKNO right now.
Feyd Rautha and smirkracing like this.
Old 01-01-2023, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

which brand of these E and nitro rollers are identical de xray mugen HB AE TLR TEKNO
Old 01-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by peter. View Post
which brand of these E and nitro rollers are identical de xray mugen HB AE TLR TEKNO

Not sure about other brands but HB uses identical chassis between E and nitro... setups are identical between cars too!

TEKNO definitely uses a different chassis but many team drivers are starting to opt for the TEKNO nitro kit and do electric conversions to get them to be more stable and easy to drive in E drive.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A really good racer will be within 5% of a Tekno ET48 using a clapped out heavy brushless converted Ofna from 2008. That 5% is huge and only perceptible on a timed lap.

Also setups are not easy to come by and running what everyone else is running helps with that.

Durability because Racers wanna race.

And in the end alot of times it's just to fit in or because everyone else is using something.