Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B74.1 >

Team Associated B74.1

Like Tree252Likes

Team Associated B74.1

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-26-2020, 06:24 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B74.1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
*B74.1 Tuning Parts Guide*
Hi all, with the B74.1 now available and with many important detailed changes to key tuning parts, I have put together a quick reference guide to allow you to compare B74 and B74.1 settings. I have included the typical outdoor settings we use but the changes translate across all surfaces.

Any questions, please ask away

​​​Original post here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...96568894020064

Thanks to Petitrc for also uploading this to the site:
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...ingPartsGuide/

Print Wikipost

Old 02-19-2021, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi.

Anyone had this?
My b74.1 steering sometimes stays on a bit after turn. I have to adjust with trim 3-6clicks. After that it works fine for awhile and then happens again.
First thought it was fault on servo but other servo do the same.

E:everything is ok, nothing is broken when visually checked. Without servo, steering moves totally freely.

Thanks!
​​
Old 02-19-2021, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TomH79
Hi.

Anyone had this?
My b74.1 steering sometimes stays on a bit after turn. I have to adjust with trim 3-6clicks. After that it works fine for awhile and then happens again.

E:everything is ok, nothing is broken when visually checked. Without servo, steering moves totally freely.

Thanks!
​​
It might be worth checking screws through the steering posts and bell cranks haven’t snapped.
But more likely you’ve cracked a front hub and a split only opens up enough for it to flex under load.
Alternatively, if you’ve ruled out the servo (which it sounds like a dodgy potentiometer) it could be the transmitter.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi.

Anyone had this?

Thanks!
​​
I had this with my B74. There is play in the screws mounting the servo. It allows the server to float around a little. There are some special aluminum washers you can buy. (Sorry I can't remember the part number.) I ended up 3d printing sleeves that fit over the screw and fill in the gap.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Hi.

Anyone had this?

Thanks!
​​
More than likely its your servo horn moving on the spline, doesn’t take much to alter left/right.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Servo horn first was stock plastic and i was thinking that it skipped a tooth but changed to alloy and same happens.
Transmitter was used on other car before b74.1 and no faults in there
Old 02-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Servo horn first was stock plastic and i was thinking that it skipped a tooth but changed to alloy and same happens.
Transmitter was used on other car before b74.1 and no faults in there
Here's the part number your looking for: ASC27128. From what I've heard they are not a universal fit. The servo ear tab holes can be slightly different sizes.

It took me a month of replacing parts in the front end until I found it. Pull the servo, servo mounts, and top plate out. Reassemble everything out of the car. Loosen the servo mount screws about a quarter turn. If you can move the servo around you have the same issue I did, and you need to fill in the holes in the servo ears.

When the screws were fully tightened, I couldn't get the servo to move. A slight pipe tap was enough of a shock to make it shift in the car.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by estill
Here's the part number your looking for: ASC27128. From what I've heard they are not a universal fit. The servo ear tab holes can be slightly different sizes.

It took me a month of replacing parts in the front end until I found it. Pull the servo, servo mounts, and top plate out. Reassemble everything out of the car. Loosen the servo mount screws about a quarter turn. If you can move the servo around you have the same issue I did, and you need to fill in the holes in the servo ears.

When the screws were fully tightened, I couldn't get the servo to move. A slight pipe tap was enough of a shock to make it shift in the car.

Wow!
Will check this asap
Old 02-21-2021, 08:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for this. Servo sure did move when loosen the mount screws.
Have to order those adapters on next time when in need some on my lhbs.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

anybody racing carpet and using a lighter sway bar than the stock 2.0 ones? They just seem to make the car rigid to drive.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Its the same part number with the part itself updated.
Sorry to dredge up an old topic...

I'm looking at the original B74 rear arms, and comparing them to the supposedly updated #92130 rear arms I got directly from AE back in November. They look identical to me.

Can someone clue me into the physical differences in the rear arms I can look for?
Old 02-23-2021, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cartmen34

I'm looking at the original B74 rear arms, and comparing them to the supposedly updated #92130 rear arms I got directly from AE back in November. They look identical to me.

Can someone clue me into the physical differences in the rear arms I can look for?

Old 02-23-2021, 08:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Edit: MrLean beat me to it....

This was recently talked about in the RC10B74.1 Nation FB page, so I'm stealing the pics from there.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MrLean CCristo THANK YOU!

I definitely got 2 sets of original arms back in November. Ugh.

Confounding why AE wouldn't simply give the new arms a new part #. So much easier to make ensure you're getting the correct part.

Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2021, 12:52 PM
Suspended

Confounding why AE wouldn't simply give the new arms a new part #. So much easier to make ensure you're getting the correct part.
They did the same thing with the B6.1/B6.2 slipper eliminator. The original part was chewing through idler gears like they're cotton candy and the updated one just works. Same part number so it's basically a gamble which one you get.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I made an account just to reply to this. I had this same issue and was wondering why I was always adjusting trim three to five clicks each way.

I put these washers in last night and the problem seemed to be solved. I’ll be sure to put it to the test with some nice wall impacts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.