Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need help with engine sound simulator >

Need help with engine sound simulator

Need help with engine sound simulator

Old 08-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need help with engine sound simulator

I recently bought a SG-SZ02 engine sound simulator for my Traxxas Stampede 4x4. Below are what I did:
- Connect the DC wires red and black to the battery.
- Connect the engine sound throttle input wire to Channel 2 of the receiver, with the other split going to the ESC.
- Connect the green wire to Channel 3 (for control of the horn).
- Connect the amplifier with the speaker.

The instructions and wiring seem to be so straightforward, and I really can not see what could possibly go wrong. Unfortunately, the system does not work properly. It would start making the idling sound randomly when I'm playing with the volume buttons. When I pulled the throttle trigger on my transmitter, the engine sound does not increase correspondingly at all. The only thing that works properly is the horn. I'm able to control the horn using the Channel 3 button. My truck does accelerate normally after the installation.

Now I'm confused. It seems that the issue stems from the throttle signal input plug, but there is no way I could plug it wrong. It can only be plugged into the receiver one way, and I'm sure it is the right way (with the black wire pointing away from the receiver). Not to the mention that the fact that the truck accelerates normally proves that the throttle input plug is connected properly.

Any idea?