Loose... something? >

Loose... something?

Loose... something?

Old 08-07-2020, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Loose... something?

Hey guys,

Was getting my T5m up and running again, worked fine last time I drove it. Not really sure whatís going on.

I checked the diff and all the teeth are on the gears and all the balls are in the ball diff. Iíve tried normal slipper, full tight slipper, and everything in between... but she wonít move. You can see the motor is going nuts and has plenty of power, but nothing is going to the wheels... any ideas?

Maybe Iím missing something stupid...

Video: https://streamable.com/gwwhgo
Old 08-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

with the slipper removed, verify the gear box is fine by twisting the main shaft with you hand to see the wheels move forward, could be a stripped idler gear, though I suspect your slipper assembly has been assembled incorrectly and needs to be re-built, possibly your slipper pads are too far gone and they may need to be replaced. Hard to say for sure without seeing the car in person, good luck!
Old 08-08-2020, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like the diff itself is faulty. the diff balls... tighten the diff up and see if wheels spin then