Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
6s slash 4x4 build (help) >

6s slash 4x4 build (help)

6s slash 4x4 build (help)

Old 07-25-2020, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 6s slash 4x4 build (help)

Looking to build a off road racing slash 4x4 need input on what all would help. Have a vxl 6s system with 2200kv traxxas motor. (also have stock vxl-3s motor and hobbywing max10 esc). What one would be better to run? Also help woth gearing? I have 26pinion/50spur. Hit 84mph. Any other input will be put to use and updates will be posted. Help be apart of building a great build
Old 07-25-2020, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You have to do the math to figure out the gearing. Multiply the KV by the voltage of the 6s battery. This gives you the theoretical rpm of the motor. Divide the rpm of the 6s setup by the rpm of the 3s setup. This gives you the ratio to adjust gearing. If you divide the pinion by the ratio it will give you the pinion that will give you close to the same top speed with the 6s setup. It will just take less effort to get to the top speed. Then from there you can add a few teeth and get even more top speed.

Be forewarned, an offroad truck is not a land speed car. Eventually you will reach the limits of a Traxxas Slash and you are gonna have a crash that destroys your expensive car.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a 4X4 Slash with a Hobbywing Max8/2200 combo, will run up to 6S.
The thing is almost stupid on 3s, it Is stupid on 4s. I wouldn't even venture what it would be like on 6s.

just two packs on 4S and it tore up all 4 stock drive shafts. broke one, the other 3 are stretched.

Stick with the HW Pro and the 3S Traxxas motor. 3S is plenty for an off road slash imo.

I have an Amazon special I am going to drop down too. If it isn't the greatest, I'll be grabbing the Hw SCT10 system for it.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I think you are better with the 3s motor. If you want to race, a heavy system isnt good. If you install 6s motor for bashing, be prepared for alot of upgrading. I installed a 4065 size 2650 kv in one and ran 4s in it and spent alot on upgrades. IMO, box stock, it's only made to handle 2s.

if trying to make it as fast as possible, it really won't be good for anything else.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

Racing? Is this a privite back yard track or you local track?

I track I run on commonly limits 4x4 sct to(slash 4x4) to 2s. Afew will let you run 3s but if you star winning to much or can't control it make you go to 2s.

If you want a list of parts I recommend for upgrading your 4x4 slash I'll send a list when I get home
Old 07-30-2020, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

my parts list.
recommended
TKR6851X – M6 Driveshafts and Steering Blocks for Slash/Stmpd 44 (front, 6mm)
TKR6852X – M6 Driveshafts and Hub Carriers for Slash/Stmpd 44 (rear, 6mm)
KHZ-TRX-7460-BU King Headz Traxxas Slash 4x4 LCG/Rally Aluminum Motor Mount w/Bearing (Blue)
Traxxas Chassis Conversion Kit Low CG Slash 4x4 TRA7421 (if you don't have it)
RPM Front Bulkhead for the Traxxas Slash 4X4 and Rally 1/10 with LCG Chassis - Black, 73562
ST Racing Concepts Mach Alum Electronics Mounting Plate Slash 4x4
slasch 4x4 chassis brace
Traxxas 6814 Center Diff/Differential Kit Slash 4x4 Stampede 4x4
proper rims and tires for your track
kitted out losi tlr sct 3.0 shocks or traxxas gtr shocks(tlr better)
aluminum Servo horn
200+servo oz-in speed <.15

optional
TKR6855 – Big Bone Center Driveshaft and Outdrives (Slash 44)
rmp frount and rear bumper
rmp arms( not recommended for tekno drive shafts)

im shure im forgetting something. but those are the best racing upgrades i know off.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

If running 4s - 6s like op may want to, the xo1 front/rear diffs are also recommended.