Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BK2 Vs. B4

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default BK2 Vs. B4

ok right now im running a b4 and love the way it drives. But i've been talking to some guys at the hobby shop i work at and now they've gotten me interested in the BK2. So what do you guys think? I used to have a MF2 and switched to a T4. so need some imput.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

BGrcracer, The difference in the buggies is similar to the trucks. The buggy feels lighter in the front when you drive, has a little more steering and is quiet over small choppy bumps(aka no ballcup chatter). It also seems to be easier to drive on loose tracks.

I just biult A/E vehicles to compare for myself since the results at the major events seem overwhelming lately.

I think the biggest difference is the front of the TL stuff is heavier so the weight balance is more forward on it.

The driver is still going to be the biggest single factor, since it is 90% of the equation according to experts.

...Jim
Old 03-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I would stick with the b4. I switched to it last year and have been better ever since. I think it is easier to setup and requires less setup work when you go from track to track. I blieve you can drive the b4 harder with less traction rolling than a bk2.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think the bk2 is a much easier car to drive than a b4. it is much more planted than a b4 on a rough slippery track and is awsome on on a high bite track, as for setups their is just as much help as their is for the b4, you can always go to www.teamtrinity.com and ask kinwald or truhe for help or you can go to bk2.com, if you do decide on the losi start with truhe's long arm setup it is a real good starting point, but like W.E.Djim said it is 90% driver
Old 03-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

I have to agree with Howard on this, although I've only driven the B4 in practice the car just didn't feel as planted as my BK2. Also some of the guys who drive B4's that have driven my BK2 have said they are surprised how much easier it is to drive fast than thier B4's.

Not to mention I've personally seen Howard drive both and if his vote goes to the BK2 then that's enough for me.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If your already running a T4 as well as a B4, why would you get a BK2? You'd have to stock up on new shock parts, amonngst many other parts. The AE cars share alot of parts, so unless you've got the money to burn on extra parts then consider the BK2. Now I'm not sure if the BK2 is better than the B4 or not, but if your thinking about one, why not just buy the chassis and switch your electronics over to see how it works. If you like it keep it, if not sell it. Basically if you've got the money buy one and see how it works. Thats going to give you a much better than a bunch of biased message board replies.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks outlawpro3 are you going to come to wolcott's race this weekend march 25 sunday, should be a good turn out not sure if the long island boys will be their,but i have a dialied setup for the losi.i will also be at the next race at in fitchburg ma. hope to see you this week later
Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Howard, gonna definitly try to make it this weekend, should be able to I hope , see ya then.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

very cool see you then
Old 03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I was at the cactus and if I were you I would wait until the new kyosho is released... man that looked good, both the 2wd and 4wd and with drivers like mark P at the helm you know this thing will be good!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Just look at which car has been winning all the big races. B4
Old 03-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have been a losi pilot for the past 10 yrs, i switched to a B4 when they first came out and found it ok. The biggest thing i found is it had to much steering. I went back to the xxx and recently tried the B4 again thinking it was my set up. I guess it comes down to driving style and what you like best. I have a brand new B4 team kit and a graphite package in its bag still, and trinity rear hub carriers for sale.. B4 has been used one race meet and a new pro line shell in bag still. I think TA has better quality to it though..
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BGrcracer
ok right now im running a b4 and love the way it drives. But i've been talking to some guys at the hobby shop i work at and now they've gotten me interested in the BK2. So what do you guys think? I used to have a MF2 and switched to a T4. so need some imput.
Sounds to me like you've answered your own question. If you love the B4, why are you letting a hobby shop (a biased source who wants to sell you a car) talk you into something else?

Both cars are excellent. I own both and favor the B4 heavily. Someone else might favor the BK2 heavily. It's all about what kind of driver you are; these are two VERY different cars. That said, I do honestly believe the B4 is the "faster" car, so to speak... but it does require a major departure from the manual's standard setup. The World's setup is sweet, though. It works very well on a variety of tracks and has a very planted rear-end.

I've heard some Losi fanatics moan about how you have to add lead weight to the rear, but they're the same guys that have dremel'd the crap out of their car so they can run the old rear end and the JRXS steering rack. I've heard some AE fanatics moan about how you have to mod the BK2 to death to make it competitive.

The fact of the matter is BOTH cars are excellent, but BOTH require addditional work once you turn the last page in the manual. You already have a B4 and you really like it. If that's the case, I wouldn't even be entertaining the notion of a BK2 until you feel like you've squeezed every ounce of performance out of the B4. Know the car. Learn everything you can about it. When you feel you've can't push it any farther, THEN start looking at another car.

I'd say the same thing if you had said "I have a BK2 and love it, but my hobby shop wants to sell me a B4".
Old 03-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OutlawPro3
Howard, gonna definitly try to make it this weekend, should be able to I hope , see ya then.
glenn..........is that you???
Old 03-22-2006, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

no one pushed it on to me just thought to keep a open mind thats all . The B4 is good though but not for my style ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.