R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy TQ kit rear outdrives

Rear outdrives are different? I am waiting on a replay from RCAmerica.

Jason K.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB8TQ Forum-rear_outdrive_cups.jpg  
jjkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #32
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
EA, you running 1/8 this year? Maybe I'll run into you at Homers. Got to get off that carpet for awhile.

Speaking of Homer, he has some TQ kits in stock. I just got mine Tuesday. Tiltyard.com
Hey Rob,

Yea Ive been kicking the Idea around of getting one.... Ive never ran Nitro before though other than a BFT truck!!! LOL There are no places to race electric buggy around here and after the 2nd weeknd of June its all vegas practice time for sedan!!

I can race at 3 different 1/8th scale tracks within 1 hour of my house. So I may go that route for the summer to see how I like it.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to WildChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Greg, can you hook me up with a TQ set up? I'm loosely following the usa tracks setup sheet. What do you think of using Losi 60w in the front and 40w or 50w in the rear with 1.4 pistons all around.
hey Rob...when are you gonna be out at the track? i think ike is gonna grab his buggy tomorrow and hopefully he will be out next weekend...

and i have no clue on setup...still searching myself...i dont have the TQ and i still have no setup...will have to go back to the drawing board...

Adam N.
WildChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Box TQ setup

I just finished builting my TQ. The quality of parts and fit course is top notch. But the BOX TQ build setup is so different the the 2 other setup sheets included (US style & Euro Style track). I have a feeling that the TQ setup is gonna push like a bump truck on the tracks I'll be on. I have not yet run the buggy yet..My question is who has tried the kit setup and how did feel for you?
I took a chance here and swithced from running a Mugen Prospec. The arms seem light and possibly brittle has anyone broken any of these newest arms?

What if anything will I need to pay attention too with this Xray, setup wise?

My Running gear
RB WS7II
Odonnell 30%
063 Pipe
Kit includes Alm. shoes/springs
Crime fighters
JR Servos

Thanks in advance

P.S. My origanil rctech S/N is pablo1 but cannot log into it..
pablo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:45 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

I setup mine up with a mix of the manual and the US track setup, and it did push a fair bit. I dialed out a bit of caster, which helped, but the stock setup is easier to drive.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Mixed setup

Wheelnut,
So where did you ended up with the setup? Caster/Kick up, Role Center, ECT..
THanks
Ryan

Last edited by pablo101; 06-02-2006 at 08:20 PM.
pablo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

EA,

The 1/8 thing is a blast. That is what I was running up until two years ago. I'm still waiting for our LHS to build this "sweet" onroad and offroad facility that they said was going to be built last year. They are supposedly working on it and the city has been a royal pain. All we have is a carpet track there, but no one is running carpet during the warmer months. So if I want to run, I guess offraod it is, just an hours ride north.

Good luck in Vegas and I hope I can make it next year. Got to start planning that one the first of the year next time.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #38
Tech Master

What's up Adam, what ever happened to that T2?

Yeah, I had to work last weekend, so I couldn't make it. Me and Ike are rolling up this morning to get some practice. I won't be able to race tomorrow, my baby boys first B-Day. Stop buy if you can.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #39
Tech Master

Greg H.,

hook me up with a set man, I know you got that thing on rails.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Pablo- I broke the buggy, lol! So I haven't been able to run it lately. Going to run it tommorow again, or on monday. I'm going to try the Europe setup on the buggy, it just might work good on the local track we have here, which is kinda european. I'll also try the US style setup on it this week as well and see what happens.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thinking of gettin a tq for my first 1/8 buggy. does the tq kit come with phillips or hex head screws, do I need to get a upgraded screw kit for it?
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to travymoto1

The kit comes with hex head hardware. There are 8 phillips head screws that hold the hing pin plates on the diff housings. There is really no need for an upgraded screw kit.
travymoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Bought my first XRay last week!

G'Day gang, new to 1/8th here, but not nitro! I just picked up a used XB8, it has some King Headz mods, but nothing crazy. It also has a JP-1 pipe, header and a purple headed Picco engine. I hope its a 5 port...anyone? Well, just thought I'd sign into this forum, and see if I could learn anything. I haven't taken the car apart yet, they guy says it was built all stock, stock oils for the diffs and shocks etc. So I'm looking for set up help and advice...such as, for a stock XB8, do I run it as is, or is there any sort of mod I ought to do right away? Diffs, 5-7-3? Shocks, 40wt Assoc? I'll be running on a new track, which is an oval, with a roadcourse middle section. The King Headz parts(Front Upper Hinge Pin Mount, Steering Ackerman 3mm Offset, Radio Plate/Servo Mounts and the Front Torque brace) Some of those parts arn't even on the car. Its had 3/4 of a gallon of fuel run through it. Here is the link to the track. http://www.nwsca.com/scripts/rc_for...p?TOPIC_ID=8802
Anyhow, I'm thinking, from what I've read, I gotta pick up some Mugen pistons? If there was anything else to pick up or fix, modify, what would it be? I'd like to race it in this non TQ form before I go nuts and buy all the TQ upgrades...or is it worth it form the start? I didn't get a manula with the car, so I know I gotta get that first. Looking for some advice fellas, thanks.
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would check here
http://www.rcamerica.com/
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99
G'Day gang, new to 1/8th here, but not nitro! I just picked up a used XB8, it has some King Headz mods, but nothing crazy. It also has a JP-1 pipe, header and a purple headed Picco engine. I hope its a 5 port...anyone? Well, just thought I'd sign into this forum, and see if I could learn anything. I haven't taken the car apart yet, they guy says it was built all stock, stock oils for the diffs and shocks etc. So I'm looking for set up help and advice...such as, for a stock XB8, do I run it as is, or is there any sort of mod I ought to do right away? Diffs, 5-7-3? Shocks, 40wt Assoc? I'll be running on a new track, which is an oval, with a roadcourse middle section. The King Headz parts(Front Upper Hinge Pin Mount, Steering Ackerman 3mm Offset, Radio Plate/Servo Mounts and the Front Torque brace) Some of those parts arn't even on the car. Its had 3/4 of a gallon of fuel run through it. Here is the link to the track. http://www.nwsca.com/scripts/rc_for...p?TOPIC_ID=8802
Anyhow, I'm thinking, from what I've read, I gotta pick up some Mugen pistons? If there was anything else to pick up or fix, modify, what would it be? I'd like to race it in this non TQ form before I go nuts and buy all the TQ upgrades...or is it worth it form the start? I didn't get a manula with the car, so I know I gotta get that first. Looking for some advice fellas, thanks.
I just sent you a pm heavy i should be able to help you out i know the car inside out now...i ran 13 gallons of fuel through my first XB8 so ive become very comfortable with the car...shoot me a pm or email me...later...rick
SKY RC
Exotek
endler is offline   Reply With Quote