Search
Like Tree4Likes

Speed Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZekeRC
The car came standard with the TBLE-02S ESC and the Tamiya Torque Tuned motor (Tamiya's website identifies it as Item# 54358 RS-540 Turns: 25T *Top Speed: 26km/h).
Then I would just buy a used motor from here on the forum. A 17.5 will be an upgrade to your Torque Tuned motor, and a 13.5 if you want a significant boost in speed. No need to buy a $100+ motor for a DT03, it's not a precision race machine.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Well it was too late to cancel the TBLM motor order and it arrived yesterday. I hooked it up, figuring I would know pretty quick if it was incompatible only to discover that the TBLE-02s speed control which, in it's instructions, reminds the reader more then once that it's a sensored ESC and works with sensored motor didn't come with the sensor cable. Why Tamiya, why??
Old 04-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZekeRC
Well it was too late to cancel the TBLM motor order and it arrived yesterday. I hooked it up, figuring I would know pretty quick if it was incompatible only to discover that the TBLE-02s speed control which, in it's instructions, reminds the reader more then once that it's a sensored ESC and works with sensored motor didn't come with the sensor cable. Why Tamiya, why??
What I've experienced is that the sensor wire comes with the motor, not the ESC.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mahjik
What I've experienced is that the sensor wire comes with the motor, not the ESC.
That makes sense so I double checked but unfortunately there was no sensor wire included with the motor.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Unfortunately, it does appear based on some Amazon comments that Tamiya doesn't provide a sensor wire with the motor. It's a bummer but you can probably grab a Tamiya sensor wire off eBay if you want to keep it all Tamiya.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Unfortunately, it does appear based on some Amazon comments that Tamiya doesn't provide a sensor wire with the motor. It's a bummer but you can probably grab a Tamiya sensor wire off eBay if you want to keep it all Tamiya.
Thanks for checking. I don't feel any need to keep it all the same company unless it's necessary. Are all sensor wires the same compatibility-wise?
Old 04-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Yep