Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with reciever

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem with reciever

Okay so right now i got a stampede with a reedy 12t and a lrp esc. with my stock reviever though, im having problems. Im beginning to think it may of been the crystals i bummed off an xmods setup.. could that have possibly fried the reciever or would i just need new cristals? I turn it on, works fine, just doesnt respond.. thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Lol.Yea other then the fact its not the best to start with.Why would you put Xmod crystals in it?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Typically, there's nothing wrong with using the xmod crystals on a most 27MHz radio systems. I have used xmod crystals in JR and Novak receivers with absolutely no problems. They are pretty much just an in between band crystal. They shouldn't really cause any damage. There's a possibility your radio and receiver are simply not compatible with them.

First question. Is you radio and receiver on the 27MHz band? If so, then get some new crystals. If not, get some crystals in the right band.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

well okay i think it may be the reciever i did a bit of testing. Only one channel is responsive. that would be the steering channel, if i hook the speed control up on steering channel it works fine.. steering doesnt... the other way around has no surprises etiher.... so its either gotta be the reciever, crystals, or the controller. any ways to narrow it down?