Wiki Posts
Search

T5m steering blocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default T5m steering blocks

Hey guys. I picked up a t5m last week. Its in decent shape but its all a little loose...so I want to go through it with new parts.I found everything I need, for the most part, on ebay. But for the life of me I cannot find steering block inserts. I can get aluminum steering blocks from HotRace, but they dont come with the inserts. I found one guy in Australia that has them. 20 bucks and 20 bucks for shipping. Ouch. Anyways, I understand its an old model and discontinued parts, but does anyone know what else works on the t5m for steering blocks? Really dont want to spend 40 bucks just for steering blocks...
Old 03-09-2020, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ASC91417 will work, but you lose the adjustment of moving the axle.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

If you use the 91417 Steering Block from the ProSC10, you will likely also need to use the (71127) front axle from the ProSC10 as well … I am thinking the T5m front axle is not long enough if I remember correctly, I know the B5m wasn't and the T5m axles are a direct fit replacement through the stock steering block (length) …

Funkydrummer, what # inserts have you been using? … being the 2/4 is by far the most commonly used with 4 being the stock setting, there is probably an abundance of the 3's floating around in boxes … I probably have some, if that helps you at all ...

The other thought, is if the bearing fits well, the inserts itself can get sloppy, and many simply add a drop of glue to fix it solid ...
Old 03-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I glued the inserts for now. The ones in the caster blocks are wiggling too. So I bought aluminum caster blocks but I have no inserts. I can buy the plastic casterblocks and use the inserts that come with it. But the steering block are the main problem. Its gonna cost me 40 bucks!! Lol!!! I can only find one person that has them. The ones on the truck now are shot. I would take any inserts anybody has. Ill probably end up having to pay up. If the street rat blocks fit, I wouldn't mind if I have no axle adjustments. But I dont know if the T axles work with the blocks. I would guess yes, but I dont know. I have no experience with Associated. Personally, the less inserts on parts, the better. It wont wear out as fast. I dont need axle adjustments, its just an st!! Ha..
Old 03-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Or trophy rat, not street. Sorry. I remember reading that the T rat shares a bit of 5t or sc parts. But not really sure what parts are compatible with the st.