Drive shaft install >

Drive shaft install

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scout800

Drive shaft install

Old 02-13-2020, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Drive shaft install

So I got these great INTEGRY drive shafts- they have a set screw that holds the shaft onto the trans and axel stubs- all the videos I've seen the stubs have a hole through them where the set screw goes through- BUT my axel and trans stubs have no hole- can I just use set screws that will hold- OR do I have to drill some holes (with having a stroke- i'm pretty sure drilling may be out haha) ? or any other ideas? I am pretty sure this is a 90"s (?) style axial scorpion(?) no one has been able to ID it yet-
Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Not really sure I understand your question, do you have a picture you can post?

Kinda sounds like you need to grind a flat spot on the axle in order to give the set screw something to bite onto.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah that's what I did- I had a senior moment and was overthinking this- I got the set screws locked down and ready to take it for a spin- thanks-I just wish the output stubs(shafts) had holes where the set screw would go through sort of lke this from the trans

billdelong likes this.