Search
Like Tree478Likes

Tekno Eb48 2.0 EBuggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I'm currently running it in our 2.0 truggy. Works great! It's taller than the Protek 5600 pack so your COG will be a little higher, but the overall weight is less.
What are you using as a spacer for the length change? Have you played around with position or just run it in the forward position?
Old 03-12-2021, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

I'm currently running it in our 2.0 truggy. Works great! It's taller than the Protek 5600 pack so your COG will be a little higher, but the overall weight is less.
Sure Matt, rub it in, such a tease....
Old 03-12-2021, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jamsandolina
3 fresh new sets of premounted wheels and tires. In both red and blue compounds for when I finish my build. Going to do the rear shocks tonight. Taking my time with the build. Almost done!!!!
Sweep is all I run! How long did yours take to ship?
Old 03-12-2021, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What mah batteries are preferred for racing? Is 5600 adequate or do I need something more? I have both a 5600 and an 6600 mah packs. Would I be better off racing with the 5600 and practicing with the 6600? I know weight, ride height, droop and balance will be different, but I am not the greatest off-road driver yet, so I'm not sure I would notice the difference as much as better drivers would. Or would I be better off just racing and practicing with the same weight pack?

Thanks!
jamsandolina likes this.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Furadi
Sweep is all I run! How long did yours take to ship?
About 8 days total time. I live in el paso, texas. Soo I'm pretty far from NY. So not that bad all things considering. I've never ran sweep before. I've always run proline. I'm gonna try sweep because of the good reviews plus they are premounted.
Furadi likes this.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 0010
What mah batteries are preferred for racing? Is 5600 adequate or do I need something more? I have both a 5600 and an 6600 mah packs. Would I be better off racing with the 5600 and practicing with the 6600? I know weight, ride height, droop and balance will be different, but I am not the greatest off-road driver yet, so I'm not sure I would notice the difference as much as better drivers would. Or would I be better off just racing and practicing with the same weight pack?

Thanks!
I use 5200's either from SMC or Zeee.
0010 likes this.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfarb
What are you using as a spacer for the length change? Have you played around with position or just run it in the forward position?
I'm actually running toward the rear of the battery tray. I did this so the cross weights would be closer. It balances fairly well with it next to the motor. I didn't use spacers, I took the front battery tray end and moved it back by drilling new holes in the chassis. Then I put a rx box up front for better balance and cleaner wiring. If anyone tries drilling and moving the tray end, please note that the 4s Protek shorty pack is actually longer than a normal 2s shorty - by a couple millimeters. I modded my chassis before getting the battery You'd also need to cut and sew your battery strap shorter or use a different strap altogether.

Overall I'm happy with it, but other than weight and making the wiring cleaner by moving my rx box I didn't notice any difference on the track.
Furadi likes this.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm actually running toward the rear of the battery tray. I did this so the cross weights would be closer. It balances fairly well with it next to the motor. I didn't use spacers, I took the front battery tray end and moved it back by drilling new holes in the chassis. Then I put a rx box up front for better balance and cleaner wiring. If anyone tries drilling and moving the tray end, please note that the 4s Protek shorty pack is actually longer than a normal 2s shorty - by a couple millimeters. I modded my chassis before getting the battery You'd also need to cut and sew your battery strap shorter or use a different strap altogether.

Overall I'm happy with it, but other than weight and making the wiring cleaner by moving my rx box I didn't notice any difference on the track.
What's the weight of that pack?
Old 03-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 0010

Thanks!
It's definitely better to only use 1 size of pack all the time. A lighter pack should always be faster, but a heavier pack can be easier to drive as the extra weight can slow down the reaction of the car. Another thing is that the power delivery between the 2 batteries could be a lot different. Your heavy pack might actually make the car punchier since it can deliver more power (if the C rating is the same or greater). I would run the light pack on a track and record your times over a 5-6 minute run - fast lap, top 5, top 10, note how many crashes you had. Probably run it 2-3 times so you have a good idea of how it drives. Then switch to the heavy pack. Reset your RH and run it 2-3 times recording the same stuff. Compare them and see which is better. Biggest thing is consistency, not fast lap. If your 1 sec slower per lap on the heavy pack and don't crash but have a 5-6 second crash every 4 laps with the light pack then you should run the heavy pack. Also compare how the car "feels" as you drive it and be aware the one that feels better might be worse. I've definitely made a setup change and thought it was much faster only to see my lap times get .5 sec slower.
tobamiester and 0010 like this.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Furadi
What's the weight of that pack?
The Protek 4s 6000 shorty is listed at 425g. The Protek 4s 5600 is listed at 470g. The Protek 4s 6500 is listed at 547g.

I was running the 5600's in both my buggy and my truggy. I switched to the 6000 short in truggy. I believe most people are running the 6500 in truggy.
Furadi likes this.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

It's definitely better to only use 1 size of pack all the time. A lighter pack should always be faster, but a heavier pack can be easier to drive as the extra weight can slow down the reaction of the car. Another thing is that the power delivery between the 2 batteries could be a lot different. Your heavy pack might actually make the car punchier since it can deliver more power (if the C rating is the same or greater). I would run the light pack on a track and record your times over a 5-6 minute run - fast lap, top 5, top 10, note how many crashes you had. Probably run it 2-3 times so you have a good idea of how it drives. Then switch to the heavy pack. Reset your RH and run it 2-3 times recording the same stuff. Compare them and see which is better. Biggest thing is consistency, not fast lap. If your 1 sec slower per lap on the heavy pack and don't crash but have a 5-6 second crash every 4 laps with the light pack then you should run the heavy pack. Also compare how the car "feels" as you drive it and be aware the one that feels better might be worse. I've definitely made a setup change and thought it was much faster only to see my lap times get .5 sec slower.
Thanks!
Old 03-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

To all RC enthusiasts, check out https://houseofrc.com

To register and enjoy all its cool features feel free to use the link below:
https://houseofrc.com/register?token...rfZdzQ2bRGHfvD

Old 03-14-2021, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Time to build!!!!

Quick question: I'm putting on the side guards. The manual doesn't say to use thread lock on the screws going into the chassis. Do I use thread lock on those screws or not?? Thanks
Old 03-14-2021, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Time to build!!!!

I've taken other people's advice. I'm putting a foam pad under and in front of the battery to help cushion it. Mine is not the adhesive backed foam that way I can remove it if necessary. The pieces of foam make the battery very snug in the battery tray.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jamsandolina
Quick question: I'm putting on the side guards. The manual doesn't say to use thread lock on the screws going into the chassis. Do I use thread lock on those screws or not?? Thanks

Yes, apply thread lock to any metal threads (motor mount, hubs, center outdrives etc..), but do not use thread lock on any plastic threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.