Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
AE  B6.2D / B6.2 Thread >

AE B6.2D / B6.2 Thread

Like Tree1409Likes

AE B6.2D / B6.2 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-30-2020, 02:57 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: AE B6.2D / B6.2 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.): What is the difference between 2 gears and 4 gears in the gear diff?
Please read these posts by Roger M. Maybe this has been answered but what are the little orings in diff do for tuning?
Please read these posts by Roger M.
Information on the rear axles and the different length dog bones from Roger M.

The 0 (option) and +2 (kit) axles are for using different length driveshafts with the different arm lengths

Kit +2 axles

73mm arms wih 67mm driveshafts
75mm arms with 69mm driveshafts

Option 0 axles

73mm arms with 65mm driveshafts
75mm arms with 67mm driveshafts

Why would you want to change the driveshaft length?
It is essentially to do with the fact that a drive joint will want to run straight under power and the position of that joint (the pin through the CVA joint into the axle).
The further that CVA joint pin is inboard of the lower hub hingepin (assuming you're running fairly typical outer link positions) the more bind you will generate in the suspension as the drive joint tried to straighten under power, this extra binding will 'stiffen' the suspension as it adds load on top of that from the weight transfer on the car.
Conversely the the nearer the CVA joint pin is to lower hub hinge pin the less bind and thus freer suspension movement.

When would you want to change this?

Basically on bumpy tracks, tracks with inconsistent grip or lower grip you want the suspension to be as free to move as possible so that you get the full benefit from the shock and roll centre tuning, also the car feels like it has more grip in the areas where you go on/off/on the gas.
To this end you will be running the longest possible dog bone you can for the arm length, hence why the +2 axles are in the kit.

On smooth super high grip tracks (EOS / CRC carpet for example) running a shorter dogbone will feel like it takes grip away from the rear as you get on power, aiding late corner rotation and reducing the on-power understeer that often plagues tight carpet tracks.
The only time I would run the 0 axles is with 67mm dogbones on 75mm arms and only then when I wish I could get let rear toe than the 1deg minimum we can get from the pills we have (actually I had custom pill made so I can get 0deg rear toe for those types of tracks but ...)

What are the handling differences between the 73 and 75mm arms.
Brief explanation from RogerM (thanks!)

The arm length effects the roll centre and more significantly the roll centre migration as the car rolls in the corners.

Shorter rear arms will encourage more tire loading so more grip as the car rolls, great for lower grip surfaces but on high grip surfaces they can stall the rotation mid corner costing corner speed. They can also make the car feel more reactive which is good when a low grip level makes the car feel less reactive so making it harder to place in technical sections.

Long rear arms the opposite, car will rotate more freely for more corner speed but won't generate as much side-bite so mid/late corner will be reduced. Make the car feel naturally lazier which is great on high grip surfaces as it makes the car easier to drive overall.

So the long Vs short rear arm is just like the flat Vs gullwing front arm, all about the grip level from the surface and how technical the track layout is.

Print Wikipost

Old 01-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default AE B6.2D / B6.2 Thread

New kit 1/8/2020

Ch47guru and Teknewbee like this.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am ready for a new buggy!

who will have them first?
Old 01-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

I'm just happy AE is coming up with a buggy that is dedicated to outdoor wet dirt tracks. (old school tracks/real off road)
BUT, we will see how it performs. I race at Hot Rod Hobbies where the SHOOTOUT race and JBRL racing series happens.
I race the B74 at Hot Rod and the buggy has been amazing at the track.
Hopefully this new "dirt" 2wd performs so much better than the B6.1D and the B6.1 (converted to dirt setup).
francomang likes this.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

FYI there is a first-come-first-serve fast track email waiting list on the Team Associated page for each vehicle.

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...C10B6.2D/Team/

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...RC10B6.2/Team/

Old 01-08-2020, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
I'm just happy AE is coming up with a buggy that is dedicated to outdoor wet dirt tracks. (old school tracks/real off road)
BUT, we will see how it performs. I race at Hot Rod Hobbies where the SHOOTOUT race and JBRL racing series happens.
I race the B74 at Hot Rod and the buggy has been amazing at the track.
Hopefully this new "dirt" 2wd performs so much better than the B6.1D and the B6.1 (converted to dirt setup).
This doesn’t appear to be for different conditions than the 6.1d. It’s a fairly minor update.
SCRAFAN and Big_Show like this.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mid mount for shocks?

Last edited by dickie doyle; 01-08-2020 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Incorrect
Old 01-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dickie doyle
Am I trippin’ or do these look like droop screws?
Those screw the tranny top to the bottom for the easy access diff like the b6.1 did
Old 01-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc
Those screw the tranny top to the bottom for the easy access diff like the b6.1 did
yup, just edited post because I realized that, thanks!
Antimullet likes this.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
This doesn’t appear to be for different conditions than the 6.1d. It’s a fairly minor update.
We will see if all that updates translates at the track. I raced a B6.1 setup for dirt and had good results with it.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

The B6.2D makes me think about a thing.

this car keeps 67mm bones and 7mm hexes which means that the rear width did not change. So, current arms must be 73mm long too. Then, this car only gets updated hubs for what?
Old 01-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

not if they narrowed (or widened) the chassis where the rear arms mount.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

and the width of the rear hub carriers might have changed
Old 01-09-2020, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default just bought b6.1. It's sad

just bought b6.1. It's sad
Old 01-09-2020, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daiji
just bought b6.1. It's sad
depends on the track layout you may benefit from the b6.1
Old 01-09-2020, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Looks like the b6.2 gets the new +3mm chassis. I do not see it listed as a feature on the b6.2d. I wonder if the b6.2d chassis is the same as the b6.1?

Do you guys think I could throw the pucks from my b6.1d into this car?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.