AE  B6.2D / B6.2 Thread >

AE B6.2D / B6.2 Thread

Like Tree87Likes

AE B6.2D / B6.2 Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losiracer12 View Post
Except they are not prototype arms on his nationals car,they are B74 arms shaved 2mm forward,the hubs are stock B6.1 aluminum hubs with prototype 69mm bones. It’s the other details unfortunately they are hiding and everyone on this forum and all of their customers have a right to know what they are
How do you know this information? If you personally saw these cars... what stopped you from asking the team drivers? .. just curious.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losiracer12 View Post
some of the public might just be very good drivers themselves that want the same car that is actually being used to win the races to compete better at the level
I don't think you are going to find the answer you are looking for here. I highly recommend calling them and asking them the questions you have asked us here. Here is the contact information.
Call
Toll Free: (855) 721-0266
Local/International: (949) 544-7500
7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Thursday
Closed during lunch hours from 11:45am-1:00pm

Kit Service email address: [email protected] Subject: Kit Service
Other AE Support email address: [email protected] Subject: Other AE Support

There are other ways to reach them too and they can be found on their contact page.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com/contact/

Now please excuse me while I go ask Frank why their team drivers are running a car that I can't buy.

RogerM, zipperfoot and John Myall like this.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
LOL... love watching these guys too ( I actually end up helping them out) ..... but .... free country... they want to spend money... they want to look pro. Maybe it helps them with their driving too.
I would encourage them to spend their money, that's what keeps this hobby alive.

BTW, I would never comment or make any suggestions to guys like that. Whatever I say they already know ... RC egos and attitude run deep.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 01-15-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I don't think you are going to find the answer you are looking for here. I highly recommend calling them and asking them the questions you have asked us here. Here is the contact information.
Call
Toll Free: (855) 721-0266
Local/International: (949) 544-7500
7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Thursday
Closed during lunch hours from 11:45am-1:00pm

Kit Service email address: [email protected] Subject: Kit Service
Other AE Support email address: [email protected] Subject: Other AE Support

There are other ways to reach them too and they can be found on their contact page.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com/contact/

Now please excuse me while I go ask Frank why their team drivers are running a car that I can't buy.
LOL
Old 01-14-2020, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
I would encourage them to spend their money, that's what keeps this hobby alive.

BTW, I would never comment or make any suggestions to guys like that. Whatever I say they already know ... RC egos and attitude run deep.
In my case... when I beat them over and over again ... they start asking me for setups. LOL
zipperfoot likes this.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:30 AM
Tech Initiate

In years past I have had pros drive my buggies for fun. I can confidently say it's not the buggy it's the driver.

If there is a pro using a one-off part that we can't buy, I am guessing the pro level driver is able to use it to their advantage due to their driving style and skill level.

Besides if there were some secret parts that only the pros used and it made the buggy faster, the manufacturer would be crazy not to release it to the public. If their buggies are faster than the competition, they sell more buggies.

Interesting topic though.

I was practicing last weekend with a bunch of guys using all the latest and greatest. Saucing, tire warmers, iChargers, cycling batteries, Oggio bags, the whole nine yards. They had it all. To be honest in my opinion their lap times and consistancy did not reflect their level of equipment. I guess it is a phenomenon. The urge for the latest and greatest is no different than wanting parts the public can't buy. It must be better and it will make you a better driver because it's unobtainable.
^ This
zipperfoot likes this.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was practicing last weekend with a bunch of guys using all the latest and greatest. Saucing, tire warmers, iChargers, cycling batteries, Oggio bags, the whole nine yards. They had it all. To be honest in my opinion their lap times and consistancy did not reflect their level of equipment. I guess it is a phenomenon.
Why would you ever criticize someone for how much money they spend on their "for fun" hobby? That might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it makes them happy, then who cares? Didn't realize we need to get our equipment approved by other people before we're allowed to buy it.

Honestly, if a guy is surprised the 22X-4 doesn't come with a servo saver, maybe they shouldn't buy it because it's above what their "level of equipment" should be.
indybobb likes this.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trf211 View Post
That's a reach for only having one race as your evidence. You can walk up and talk to any of their drivers at races and they'll show you their buggy, the setup they're running and why. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that test and development is better left to their top drivers instead of the public.
Actually my experience is a little different, the fastest guys rarely have the best setup skills ..... why? Because;

1) They don't need them as they can adapt their driving to suit a car that is OK / nearly there
2) They have a number of people who do have the skills to develop setups that are 100% but can't quite drive them as well as the "pros" who do the work for them.

In the UK we have a super fast young lad by the name of Tommy Hall, you'd not bet against him being on the podium at any European race, he's beaten some of the best in the world. Tommy is a really nice lad and a natural talent the likes we've not seen in the UK since Neil Cragg (who equally fits this example). Is Tommy the best guy to setup a car? Hell no! He's so good you can send him out with any old thing and within 3 laps he has adapted and getting the most out of what you have given him.
Tommy has a brother, Jamie, now he's the brains of the outfit and I am sure he won't mind me saying just a fraction slower than Tommy but he understands setup. They obviously both have me helping to.

So there you go, the tree of racing life

Superstar = Tommy
Fast guy who knows things = Jamie
The setup guy who can't quite keep up = Me lol

That is the same with most, not all, of the top drivers. Let 'em drive and ask the engineers the questions
zipperfoot and imrob like this.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RazorRC View Post
Why would you ever criticize someone for how much money they spend on their "for fun" hobby? That might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it makes them happy, then who cares? Didn't realize we need to get our equipment approved by other people before we're allowed to buy it.

Honestly, if a guy is surprised the 22X-4 doesn't come with a servo saver, maybe they shouldn't buy it because it's above what their "level of equipment" should be.
We have been down this road before. Not criticizing anyone. I encourage everyone to spend all their money doing something they enjoy. And I said so in a later post. I'm not a pro level mountain biker but I have a $5000 bike. Whether it makes me a better rider is subjective. I can only assume nobody looks down at me for spending my money and I am not looking down on anyone else. I am sure there are some that look at me and shake their head. Who cares.

I have kids and adults just starting out come up to me at the track all the time to borrow tools, need help soldering, getting their vehicle to drive straight, asking about my equipment, how much it cost to get started, can I borrow some electrical tape or servo tape, how do you jump and land without crashing. Setting up their radio. It runs the gamut. I don't judge them just because they are just starting out. Even if they showed up at the track with $10,000 in equipment and couldn't get around the track without crashing, I wouldn't criticize them, but I would say they don't need all the best stuff to be a good driver or improve. I try to be an ambassador to the sport. Fortunately I have "All the tools" and a little knowledge to help them out. My comment had nothing to do with judging.

My point was we think that having all the latest and greatest is needed to make us better, faster, or even just to fit in. I am guilty of the same thing. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but the whole reason I commented at all was because someone else made several comments about wanting all the one off parts that the AE team drivers use. Like somehow these parts are the Holy Grail to driving like a pro.

You seem to be quick to voice your opinion about my comments. Not sure why pointing out the lack of a servo saver on a vehicle is negative or a critique. I was looking at the differences and similarities between brands with very similar designs. How was that a surprise? I even went on the say the 22x-4 is a great buggy and can't wait build one. I am here on this thread commenting on the 6.2 because it is of interest to me. That is why I visit a forum. To learn, ask questions, and share opinions.

If you have a problem with me sent me a PM. I'm getting tired of having to explain myself to you over and over in public after your "Stupid comments" and then have you come back later and say "Oh I misunderstood".

Last edited by zipperfoot; 01-15-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Actually my experience is a little different, the fastest guys rarely have the best setup skills ..... why? Because;

1) They don't need them as they can adapt their driving to suit a car that is OK / nearly there
2) They have a number of people who do have the skills to develop setups that are 100% but can't quite drive them as well as the "pros" who do the work for them.

In the UK we have a super fast young lad by the name of Tommy Hall, you'd not bet against him being on the podium at any European race, he's beaten some of the best in the world. Tommy is a really nice lad and a natural talent the likes we've not seen in the UK since Neil Cragg (who equally fits this example). Is Tommy the best guy to setup a car? Hell no! He's so good you can send him out with any old thing and within 3 laps he has adapted and getting the most out of what you have given him.
Tommy has a brother, Jamie, now he's the brains of the outfit and I am sure he won't mind me saying just a fraction slower than Tommy but he understands setup. They obviously both have me helping to.

So there you go, the tree of racing life

Superstar = Tommy
Fast guy who knows things = Jamie
The setup guy who can't quite keep up = Me lol

That is the same with most, not all, of the top drivers. Let 'em drive and ask the engineers the questions
Right I have seen many teams of younger skilled drivers paired with an experienced mechanic behind the scenes. They are often very successful. The driver can relax and focus on driving while the pit guy plays an integral role in getting the buggy prepared, plus it's a good feeling for the mechanic when you can help someone achieve their potential, like reliving their racing days in a way(atleast for the veteran rc guys).

But my point wasn't who is or isn't good at setting up a car and if it relates to their driving skill. More along the lines of I have trust in the company to test the parts in race conditions and figure them out. I don't think they have nefarious intent when their drivers are using new parts in the weeks leading up to the most competitive and prestigious race they enter in. As stated before there isn't a good reason why they wouldn't transfer any advantages/parts they did figure out onto the next buggy if they apply to common race conditions. But anyway enough blabbering about that. I'm excited to finally lay my original b6.1d to rest and start with a fresh buggy again.
RogerM likes this.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Guys let's get back into the topic. Which is the new AE 2wd buggy coming out very soon.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
Guys let's get back into the topic. Which is the new AE 2wd buggy coming out very soon.
I agree, but I had to respond to the continued nonsense that seems to get directed my way from time to time. Thats why I asked the guy to PM me. Sorry.

My question in this thread is... Will there be a 6.2 factory lite version? I like the direct drive and the MIP Puck System options that the lite kit offered.

Just a disclaimer... (I did not mean to offend anyone or accuse anyone of anything by asking this question about the 6.2).

Old 01-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My question in this thread is... Will there be a 6.2 factory lite version?
Victorious posters will think first and then ask questions, while defeated posters will ask questions first, and then think.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RazorRC View Post
Victorious posters will think first and then ask questions, while defeated posters will ask questions first, and then think.
Look keep in mind you have a YouTube channel and may consider yourself a public figure. I don't publically criticize your reviews or why you think one product is better than the other. It's your opinion.

Things you say elsewhere in public can be misconstrued and taken out of context leaving a less favorable opinion of who you are to your followers. Keep in mind character counts and if your rely on Youtube for income it may be considered a word to the wise.

Again PM if you have an issue and keep it off the forums.

Old 01-15-2020, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
The hubs are 100% not B74 hubs, trust me on that. They have a 2.5mm offset axle to centreline of hub to accommodate the now symmetrical rear arms. This information was teased out of the designer on a Facebook post (thank me later) but is quite clear to see if you look at the photos properly.
This gives you the option of achieving wheelbases and driveshaft sweep angles you cannot achieve on the current rear end, very useful if you know how to use it.

Equally the wishbones are not B74 one, there is a greater gullwing angle, different hub centre position, different anti-roll bar location and different shock positions. These things will make the car feel quite different in the hands of the fast guys.

Hope that helps.
Roger, care to comment or explain the technical reasons on how/why driveshaft sweep angle changes are useful tuning tools to the nerds like me who find these types of things interesting?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.