Indoor Clay Tires >

Indoor Clay Tires

Like Tree5Likes

Indoor Clay Tires

Old 01-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Most folks are running Super Soft compound in our area with watered down dirt medium traction... I know of at least one driver who plans to try the Clay compound Scribbles at our club tomorrow, I can't wait to see how he does, I am personally waiting for the the Super Soft compound to come in stock before I order the Scribbles

I saw another driver try to sauce up some clay positrons and it was a disaster for him, he went straight back to super soft.
Thank you for the input. Your last sentence is what I fear, honestly. I suppose I could play it safe for the moment and get M4 Positrons and then grab a set of Scribbles, when they come out in super soft. That is a good idea. Thanks. I'll still be interesting to hear how those tires do tomorrow, if you end up seeing him drive.
billdelong likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Tech Rookie

I’m pretty new still but a lot of the people at my track are running MC primes front and rear and then just using some WD40 to get them a little grippier.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

After asking around some more, I'm getting mixed reviews on whether clay compounds are working at Thornhill's watered down dirt track, lately they've been able to get the track to a tacky feel that resembles many indoor tracks with misters, and some folks are preferring clay compound (no sauce) in ProLine and JConcepts tires at the club. Anyway, the kid who tested the Clay Scribbles yesterday absolutely loved them, he picked up roughly 5 seconds in a 5 min qualifier with average lap times in the 24 sec range for a hot lap after switching to the Scribbles from Positron and he couldn't be happier... his dad plans to buy him the other compounds when they become available but Scribbles would take TQ and the win yesterday in the 13.5 class... he said they felt more consistent and were just easier to drive.

Mahjik likes this.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
After asking around some more, I'm getting mixed reviews on whether clay compounds are working at Thornhill's watered down dirt track, lately they've been able to get the track to a tacky feel that resembles many indoor tracks with misters, and some folks are preferring clay compound (no sauce) in ProLine and JConcepts tires at the club. Anyway, the kid who tested the Clay Scribbles yesterday absolutely loved them, he picked up roughly 5 seconds in a 5 min qualifier with average lap times in the 24 sec range for a hot lap after switching to the Scribbles from Positron and he couldn't be happier... his dad plans to buy him the other compounds when they become available but Scribbles would take TQ and the win yesterday in the 13.5 class... he said they felt more consistent and were just easier to drive.

Wow. Well now I'm thinking about trying them then lol. Thanks for the info.
billdelong likes this.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcnadeau13
I ended up with some positron mc fronts and resistor mc rears from one of the lhs and i have ellipses in silver on order. Its strange the resistor rubber feels a little softer and stickier than the positron even though they are both mc. Should i run the stock blue proline foam or cut the dirt tech out of my ballooned gold dirtwebs? I have been using sxt 3.0 on the dirt webs and the tires now have an air gap between the tire and the foam i was told they are junk now which sucks because there is still tread left and they were just starting to grip really well.
It’s funny you say that because everyone that has felt mine have said the same thing. We also smelled a very faint hint of the traditional MC scent compared to others. It could be that they’re just a month old

For our track it’s 50/50. Some guys swear by clays, others hate them. Before this year, the only clays I ever made work were RawSpeed Stage Twos. This year I made up my mind to force myself to learn to run clays and have been much faster.

The majority are on Positrons F/R or Electrons F/R. One on Ellipse with either a Dirt Maze or Electron Front, depending on the day. I’m going to be trying the Resistor/Electron combo in the coming days because that’s what Matt W. with Proline said felt the most consistent with all of the team guys. I also have a set of Microns for all four corners on the way. No one has tried them here before.

We’ve only had one on Scribbles for Offroad, we had a few guys on them for our special oval races earlier. The car looked extremely loose on them and I believe he went back to his Crosslinks

This is for Mod and 13.5 Wheeler classes, 1/10 Truggy guys seem to all pretty much be on clays. The 2wd classes are a toss up, more are favoring super soft right now

Last edited by iDesign5; 01-13-2020 at 02:43 AM.