Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Indoor Clay Tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

At ocrc most people run positron in mc compound on the rear and electron in mc compound on the front.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The people at my local track mostly run M4 Primes, with a few people running M4 Electrons or M4 Positrons. The MC compound isn't sticky enough, for whatever reason.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf211
It really depends on your track. Ask the fast local guys what compound they use and under what conditions, that will be the most important factor, then focus on the differences in tread pattern and their characteristics.
Yeah the fast guys use dirt web gold or black I cant afford the blacks and the golds and silver have been backordered now for a while i think ill try ellipse gold or silver and electron mc. But anyone with experience with resistor ellipse positrons or any other new tire id like to hear what they do better or worse than what you use to run. The ellipse seems to be good at high speed corners but my track is tight and technical so im not sure how well they will work the local fast guy still liked the dirt webs better and i dont know if he gave an honest opinion on proline tires because he is sponsored by jconcepts.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

FYI : SELLING 2WD BUGGY CLAY TIRES PM me.
Not racing on clay anymore.
FS: AE 2wd CLAY TIRES .... 3 sets

Last edited by Phillip F; 12-30-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jcnadeau13
Yeah the fast guys use dirt web gold or black I cant afford the blacks and the golds and silver have been backordered now for a while i think ill try ellipse gold or silver and electron mc. But anyone with experience with resistor ellipse positrons or any other new tire id like to hear what they do better or worse than what you use to run. The ellipse seems to be good at high speed corners but my track is tight and technical so im not sure how well they will work the local fast guy still liked the dirt webs better and i dont know if he gave an honest opinion on proline tires because he is sponsored by jconcepts.
Dirt webs are pushy but stable, they are good to use to numb down one side of the buggy if it is overpowering the other end. The ellipse will provide more grip everywhere compared to the dirtwebs.

Electron front and positron rear is a very popular combo. In my experience the electron F have the most side and forward grip. The electron R have a square profile which is great for straighter lines but corners inconsistent. The positron R has a rounded profile which is much more balanced side and forward bite. I personally liked the tread of the electron rear but the tire profile just doesn't work as well for some of us, they did make an electron lite that had a round profile and drove amazing but seems they discontinued it.

On our clay track my favorite tires are some ghost pin positron S3's, for some reason the MC compound makes the buggy feel more ontop of the track and slide more. The track temp and air temps aren't even high either, which everyone seems to rant about them only working for high temps, so sometimes things are worth testing for yourself.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

I ended up with some positron mc fronts and resistor mc rears from one of the lhs and i have ellipses in silver on order. Its strange the resistor rubber feels a little softer and stickier than the positron even though they are both mc. Should i run the stock blue proline foam or cut the dirt tech out of my ballooned gold dirtwebs? I have been using sxt 3.0 on the dirt webs and the tires now have an air gap between the tire and the foam i was told they are junk now which sucks because there is still tread left and they were just starting to grip really well.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

The Resistors were probably manufactured more recently. Rubber hardens as it ages; keeping it in the original sealed package slows the hardening process but doesn't stop it.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jcnadeau13

i am no “fast guy” but I can tell you that the ellipse silver are pretty sweet if you have a healthy budget for tires. They tend to wear out very fast. I like the gold better, takes a little longer for them to get into prime racing condition but they last longer too. But if you don’t mind replacing tires every couple races the silver are awesome.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trf211
Dirt webs are pushy but stable, they are good to use to numb down one side of the buggy if it is overpowering the other end. The ellipse will provide more grip everywhere compared to the dirtwebs.

Electron front and positron rear is a very popular combo. In my experience the electron F have the most side and forward grip. The electron R have a square profile which is great for straighter lines but corners inconsistent. The positron R has a rounded profile which is much more balanced side and forward bite. I personally liked the tread of the electron rear but the tire profile just doesn't work as well for some of us, they did make an electron lite that had a round profile and drove amazing but seems they discontinued it.

On our clay track my favorite tires are some ghost pin positron S3's, for some reason the MC compound makes the buggy feel more ontop of the track and slide more. The track temp and air temps aren't even high either, which everyone seems to rant about them only working for high temps, so sometimes things are worth testing for yourself.
what is your home track?
Old 12-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Dirtweb Gold for me. With tread, great with the blue grove is in. Getting bald, great when the track was just re-designed. Tried others, keeping coming back.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
The track in our area switched to turf, but when we were running clay tires, the fastest drivers were all running AKA Chain Links, I hear the new tire that doesn't require any break in and offers longer wear and better overall performance is the Scribble, they are going to have a hard time keeping these in stock too:
https://www.raceaka.com/SCRIBBLE-22_c_312.html

Just got ours in stock
billdelong likes this.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm going to try the Scribbles on my EB410.2 13.5 spec
Old 01-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So after some consideration, I may not go with the Scribbles. Our track is low-med grip dirt/clay. It's usually damp with no dust. Most people tend to run Positrons/Electrons in M4 compound. That is also what I run on my ET410 and my TLR 22. After asking a couple people, they are not sure if the Scribbles in MC compound will work. Any input? I read that MC compound is naturally harder but the type of rubber gives it traction, compared to 'squish' from M4. So is it worth trying the Scribble or just stick with an M4 Positron? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

A local fast guy tried them and they didnt work at all on our track most use gold dirt webs he normally uses chainlinks and was .3 slower with the new scribbles but i have heard they work well at other tracks
Old 01-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by AJH387
So after some consideration, I may not go with the Scribbles. Our track is low-med grip dirt/clay. It's usually damp with no dust. Most people tend to run Positrons/Electrons in M4 compound. That is also what I run on my ET410 and my TLR 22. After asking a couple people, they are not sure if the Scribbles in MC compound will work. Any input? I read that MC compound is naturally harder but the type of rubber gives it traction, compared to 'squish' from M4. So is it worth trying the Scribble or just stick with an M4 Positron? Thanks.
Most folks are running Super Soft compound in our area with watered down dirt medium traction... I know of at least one driver who plans to try the Clay compound Scribbles at our club tomorrow, I can't wait to see how he does, I am personally waiting for the the Super Soft compound to come in stock before I order the Scribbles

I saw another driver try to sauce up some clay positrons and it was a disaster for him, he went straight back to super soft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.