B6d questions

Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default B6d questions

Hi guys. I've got a b6d roller I just built, threw a 7.5t motor / 10bl120 hw esc. I also rebuilt the ball diff, nothing looked bad, but flipped rings, no grooves on this side..greased, put back together, broke on..but

I can't seem to get the buggy to pull hard enough to get the front wheels off the ground. I can tell the sound difference from slipper slipping to diff barking..but, I can't seem to generate power to pull the front tires off the ground, whilst holding the back two tires.

What else could it be? Could it be bad slipper pads? They look new, they're slipping fine..bad soldering of motor? The buggy seems kinda slower than I expected, too, for a 7.5t..but I dunno. Top speed was 32mph with 21/78 gearing, if that helps.

Any other ideas?

Also, going from lay down to stand up, cuz I run dirt oval..

Do they sell separate idler gears / waterfall? I've heard of wf with fan mount? Recommendations? I have everything but the idler I think and wf
​​​​​​
Old 12-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

drop pinion to 19t... id run a bigger amp esc in that .. whats the punch set at?
Old 12-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
drop pinion to 19t... id run a bigger amp esc in that .. whats the punch set at?
think so? Esc said it could do 4.5t, if I recall..120a.
I haven't changed any esc settings, default is 7. 2s 100c battery, gensace. The motor nor esc get hot..I think after running 5+ min, the motor saw 120f
Old 12-04-2019, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dpiRC View Post
think so? Esc said it could do 4.5t, if I recall..120a.
I haven't changed any esc settings, default is 7. 2s 100c battery, gensace. The motor nor esc get hot..I think after running 5+ min, the motor saw 120f
Turn up your punch to 8 or 9, I run that esc with a 7.5 in my wet car and it is great.
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pistol123 View Post
Turn up your punch to 8 or 9, I run that esc with a 7.5 in my wet car and it is great.
What gearing are you running, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Today, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dpiRC View Post
What gearing are you running, if you don't mind me asking?
Gearing tends to be motor specific, I run a speed passion I my wet car which tends to need to be geared a couple of teeth higher than normal and is currently on a 24 pinion with stock (78?) Spur gear.

If you are still in laydown format at the moment I don't think you will get the front to lift - too much forward weight. You are best putting the slippery nut level with the end of the thread then testing on the track - up to a meter of slip then should take off.
Old Today, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sensor wire