Custom Build 1/8 BL Hardcore Basher Truggy

Like Tree21Likes

Custom Build 1/8 BL Hardcore Basher Truggy

Old 11-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Smile Custom Build 1/8 BL Hardcore Basher Truggy

I have start new build.

This time i will have one of the strongest and fastest Brushless Truggy 1/8

When everything is done. The final price will be about 2000bucks !!!!

This will be a BADASS Truggy when my build is done.
More Pictures Soon. and info

ddd228 likes this.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

$2,000... that’s what my first (real) truck is costing me!
HardBash likes this.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

following !
Old 11-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Titanium is very brittle in almost every grade. It doesn’t bend it shatters.
6AL-4V being the best overall grade and common. Aluminum 7075 T6 is perhaps the strongest of all aluminum grades and most steel alloys however 6061 is more workable, both grades are a lot!, more ductile than titanium even titanium grade 2.

Titanium is extremely hard to work with both drilling, lathe, metal shaping, or milling hot or cold. “Titanium” is in a a lot of cases undesirable. Chassis are meant to flex, even full size cars flex. If you are bending chassis then braces are recommended before trying to stamp or mill a high grade titanium one and will be 60% heavier than aluminum so in order to make titanium lighter than 7075 it would have to be less than half the thickness.

In my honest opinion if I were to make custom parts I would choose 7075 T6 aluminum before any grade titanium and if available will only substitute bolts and screws with either 7075 T6 or grade 5 titanium. Titanium tie rods are one thing but titanium everything is not very practical.
werner sline and Dave_S like this.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
following !
give him some lessons...
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bob.less View Post
give him some lessons...
hold my beer ! ... because i'm getting some pop corns !
Old 11-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

I belive the saying goes........ Hold my beer and watch this...... LOL
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bob.less View Post
I belive the saying goes........ Hold my beer and watch this...... LOL
I will probably die after saying that, or driving a race car, or both, who knows? I’m not in any rush, but chances are my last words will be “watch this!,” or “I bet ya I CAN do it,” or “Yee-Yee!,” or “oh sh-.”

...with that said, take a second to watch this! Y’all never know, you could learn sumthin’, whether it’s good or stupid.
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

You have wrong about Titanium

Here is facts about titanium Shock towers

Titanium= the finest choice for hardcore bashers.

Made from 3mm thick Titanium in grade 6al-4V, they are double the strength of the 5mm stock towers, as strong as SOLID 10mm thick 6061 aluminium and stronger than the majority of other aftermarket towers.

A key feature of these titanium towers is their flexibility and strength. By using 3mm thick material, the towers maintain a similar flexibility to the stock towers. Many hardcore bashers find that the high stiffness of very thick aluminium parts transfers more of the shock loads into the plastic diff housing - the result can be that the diff housing gets broken. The springy nature of the Titanium means that Titanium towers can flex without permanent bending, helping to absorb shock load

Titanium Chassie facts

The strongest Arrma chassis ever available - the ultimate bashers choice.

Titanium chassis are THREE times the strength of the stock chassis and 25% stronger than the even the very best aftermarket chassis.

Built of 3mm ti 6al-4v, it gives you unparalleled strength to weight, stronger than all other options.

This chassis is around 20% stiffer than the stock chassis.This means the chassis will still flex to absorb impacts but tauten handling and response.

This is a direct replacement. All standard fixings can be re-used.

Additional expensive skid plates or droop screw stops are not required -the titanium is tough and isn’t going to wear thin like aluminium. Taking this into account, the Titanium is the strongest, and also the cheapest choice!

At 590g it is lighter than some other aftermarket chassis (although a little heavier than the lighter options available) and is stronger than all other options.

A really fun thing also happens - the titanium will give a shower of sparks when it catches hard surfaces!

Material Properties Comparison

Titanium Ti-6Al-4V

Density 4.43 g/cc

Tensile strength to yeild 880 Mpa

Modulas of elasticity 113.8 GPa

Aluminium 6061-T6

Density 2.7 g/cc

Tensile strength to yeild 276 Mpa

Modulas of elasticity 68.9 GPa

Aluminium 7075-T6

Density 2.81 g/cc

Tensile strength to yeild 503 Mpa

Modulas of elasticity 71.7 GPa
Old 11-29-2019, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

My build have start now.

Today:

Tbone front Bumber
RPM rear plate cover

New 16t M1 Pinion also. Stock is 13t Speedpinion that included this car from factory is 20t. .i believe that 16t can be good choise, Something bethween Small and the Big Stock pinion.

if i want use 170mm RPM tyres i need go back to 13t . Like paddle tyres and Trenchers belted

I will do speedrunning with 20t pinion and 1/5 scale GRP supersoft street wheels

Random bash with 16t

Now the T-BONE Racing front bumber sits there

I can feel this is Brutal Bumber.
This must be very durble i believe.

Then last
The RPM cover plate sitts there now also in rear

Bonus:
I use this programcard.- Very easy adjust the Stock BLX 185 ESC
Take loose fan cable. Whach where minus is, put the plug in the fan connector, black/minus must be same. Mount battery. Turn on the car and start program.
You have Five things you can program. Read the manual

Part numbers
----------------

Tbone racing front bumber 10084 - TBR XV4 Front Bumper - ARRMA Talion 6S BLX
https://tboneracing.net/collections/...talion-v3-2018

RPM Rear plate Cover
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/c...cale-vehicles/

Programbox
Hobbywing
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...rd-version-2-0
You can only adjust what you can program by set buttom.
Anyway it is alot more easy with this program box. I like it better.

NEXT WEEK:

More RPM parts
More T bone racing parts
And more

Feel free to Follow this if you want learn how to make the Strongest Basher 1/8 Brushless Truggy on the market

Thank you all for watching and write here all

Feel free Discuss and ask questions if there is anything you wonder ?
I try my best help then

To be back
Take Care all to next time please
Old 11-30-2019, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HardBash View Post
You have wrong about Titanium

Here is facts about titanium Shock towers

Titanium= the finest choice for hardcore bashers.

Made from 3mm thick Titanium in grade 6al-4V, they are double the strength of the 5mm stock towers, as strong as SOLID 10mm thick 6061 aluminium and stronger than the majority of other aftermarket towers.

A key feature of these titanium towers is their flexibility and strength. By using 3mm thick material, the towers maintain a similar flexibility to the stock towers. Many hardcore bashers find that the high stiffness of very thick aluminium parts transfers more of the shock loads into the plastic diff housing - the result can be that the diff housing gets broken. The springy nature of the Titanium means that Titanium towers can flex without permanent bending, helping to absorb shock load

Titanium Chassie facts

The strongest Arrma chassis ever available - the ultimate bashers choice.

Titanium chassis are THREE times the strength of the stock chassis and 25% stronger than the even the very best aftermarket chassis.

Built of 3mm ti 6al-4v, it gives you unparalleled strength to weight, stronger than all other options.

This chassis is around 20% stiffer than the stock chassis.This means the chassis will still flex to absorb impacts but tauten handling and response.

This is a direct replacement. All standard fixings can be re-used.

Additional expensive skid plates or droop screw stops are not required -the titanium is tough and isn’t going to wear thin like aluminium. Taking this into account, the Titanium is the strongest, and also the cheapest choice!

At 590g it is lighter than some other aftermarket chassis (although a little heavier than the lighter options available) and is stronger than all other options.

A really fun thing also happens - the titanium will give a shower of sparks when it catches hard surfaces!

Material Properties Comparison

Titanium Ti-6Al-4V

Density 4.43 g/cc

Tensile strength to yeild 880 Mpa

Modulas of elasticity 113.8 GPa

Aluminium 6061-T6

Density 2.7 g/cc

Tensile strength to yeild 276 Mpa

Modulas of elasticity 68.9 GPa

Aluminium 7075-T6

Density 2.81 g/cc

Tensile strength to yeild 503 Mpa

Modulas of elasticity 71.7 GPa
Wow! A lot colors, underlined and bold lines... Looks like a ad to me!
Old 11-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Again Titanium is not bendy or “springy” it shatters, I broke tie rods before on plastic hubs breaking the axles. I am not saying it’s undoable, Titanium is not the unobtanium it once was thought of, It has its place. I would opt to make structural pieces out of titanium like braces, etc. Aluminum flexes and gives protecting interconnected plastic or graphite parts. Titanium will only stress plastic parts out more especially bulkheads. Also over repeatedly stressing Titanium it gains metal fatigue faster than 7075.

Sure I can get a sheet of grade 5 no problem and copy a chassis, and set up a mill for accurate drill points with expensive tooling countersinks however to do front and rear kick up bend will have to be hot and the brake press needs to be set just right before attempting.

I also am not doubting that you can do what you have set out to do, however to prove that the actual work has been done on a media path such as this can prove difficult plus great manufacturers have engineered the products to actually make money and still win races, titles, and what not. Stiffness does not win races off road, on road maybe. Titanium plate is expensive and unnecessary for the most part.

There simply is less profit margin the higher you go. For $2000$ I would just get a 1/5 scale.. right

I_NeedBigDrink likes this.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Most aftermarket arrma chassis I've seen don't have any kick up. Kind of unspoken joke on arrma section in Facebook.

About the titanium bending part, i use some titanium screws for the look and corrosion resistance. They certainly bend, but obviously they are tiny part compared to chassis/, braces, towers. I've also bent TiNi hinge pins. (I can confirm they aren't springy at all. ��
Old 12-01-2019, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Most aftermarket arrma chassis I've seen don't have any kick up. Kind of unspoken joke on arrma section in Facebook.

About the titanium bending part, i use some titanium screws for the look and corrosion resistance. They certainly bend, but obviously they are tiny part compared to chassis/, braces, towers. I've also bent TiNi hinge pins. (I can confirm they aren't springy at all. ��
what ??? no kick up ? how can the other stock parts like the upper deck fit ?
even my homemade chassis has a kick up

werner sline homemade notorious 7075 chassis. unbreakable ! but spindles still fail !

kick up + bumper
Old 12-01-2019, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
what ??? no kick up ? how can the other stock parts like the upper deck fit ?
even my homemade chassis has a kick up

werner sline homemade notorious 7075 chassis. unbreakable ! but spindles still fail !

kick up + bumper
No idea. Maybe this one has kick up and I'm not seeing it. It's somewhat common for some owners to run carbon fiber chassis made from flat plate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.