R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   rc ghosting (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/1053553-rc-ghosting.html)

Traphik 11-08-2019 12:01 PM

rc ghosting

So if my rc gets about 50 feet from me and I'm turning around, it will literally go in circles about 2 to 3 times before coming to stop. At this point I let go of the controls and it will drive and turn itself a bout 2-3 times round til it stops. I'm using an off brand steering servo DS3218MG 20kg. Tx and Rx are Flysky GT3B. Chanel 1 D/R is set to 50%, Channel 1 E.P.A. is set to 120% for both left and right. Nothing on Channel 1 EXPO. The Tx batteries are fairly new and sitting at 11.1v. The rc batteries are gens ace 2s 50c lipo fully charged. Has anyone ever seen this or know of anything I should do? Maybe the servo is a bit too much? The stock servo was only 6kg.

On a side note: I'm probably not used to it yet, but the steering is super sensitive as well, but that might just be me.

Cain 11-08-2019 02:08 PM

what kind of vehicle are you using this in?

Do you have any other radio gear to test this out with?

Does this issue happen with a fresh charged battery or one that is close to being used up?

Anyway to post a video of what you are seeing?

waitwhat 11-08-2019 03:25 PM

A cheap transmitter has very limited range. It is probably going into failsafe when it loses connectivity.

Traphik 11-09-2019 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 15542110)
what kind of vehicle are you using this in?

Do you have any other radio gear to test this out with?

Does this issue happen with a fresh charged battery or one that is close to being used up?

Anyway to post a video of what you are seeing?

No other radio sadly, fresh batts still do it and ones that are nearly used up. Truck is redcat volcano epx with my sensored setup.

Before I installed the new setup, I used this radio with the old brushless setup and could drive the vehicle farther than I am now and it didnt do this.

TurnNBurn 11-09-2019 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by waitwhat (Post 15542157)
A cheap transmitter has very limited range. It is probably going into failsafe when it loses connectivity.

This was my first thought, but then it occurred to me - wouldn't the car just return input back to neutral? it sounds like it just continues with the "last signal received" until it re-syncs.

Cain 11-09-2019 05:17 PM

try a glitch capacitor on the receiver and see if that improves things.

Chris916 11-09-2019 10:52 PM

The failsafe is programmable on the receiver.
first, you can check the failsafe behaviour by just switch off the transmitter (car on the bench).
If it is not good, then reset the receiver memory.

nicochau 11-12-2019 07:49 AM

Iíve had a loss of radio control and an RC run away (probably) due to a faulty Rx. Mine would go straight and 80% throttle (estimate). On a 1/8 Truggy, that is a lot of speed! Trust me, itís not worth loosing an RC on a bad radio.

Futaba 3pv goes for as low as $110 on ebay. Get some japanese quality control in there and save yourself a very bad experience. A new Rx would be cheaper, but I have no experience with your brand to be able to recommend it.

My point is, donít just live with the issue. If you have a doubt about your radio, then change it immediately. Look at like an insurance for your truck.

Traphik 11-16-2019 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 15542616)
try a glitch capacitor on the receiver and see if that improves things.

Hi Cain, which port do I use on the Rx? There's channel 3 and then another at the top that has VCC next to it. I'd like to try this route before dropping $100 on a Tx/Rx setup.

the_real_hova 11-16-2019 08:22 PM

I had a servo that would get stuck at full lock occasionally right before it died. If your throttle is still responsive and not the servo, the servo could be on it's way out.

Cain 11-19-2019 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Traphik (Post 15546528)
Hi Cain, which port do I use on the Rx? There's channel 3 and then another at the top that has VCC next to it. I'd like to try this route before dropping $100 on a Tx/Rx setup.

try channel 3