Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Willspeed RF2 B6.1 Conversion kit build >

Willspeed RF2 B6.1 Conversion kit build

Like Tree110Likes

Willspeed RF2 B6.1 Conversion kit build

Old 02-11-2020, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Pics and setup, main change from the above was +2 on the axle height and 40/35 1.7 rear piston,AE oils with 7k diff oil and 2 gears in it
Old 02-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Kyle Moons fresh 6.2 Willspeed car

.MAtt., jph98 and antlockyer like this.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

🏁 Willspeed goes west to TRAC Carpet Kings 🏁
Change of scenery for us this weekend, traveling a little further from home we attended Round 5 of the Carpet Kings series in Torbay, hosted by the TRAC club.
Well presented track with RC Octane as the trackside shop and also an on site cafe, you're well set for a good days racing.

Track was a really good layout, mixture of fast and low speed corners with some good features that were rewarding.
All three of us racing in 2wd with the addition of Will J also running stadium truck.

Managed to get all 3 cars in the A Main with Will J taking the TQ spot, Ross 4th and Will M lining up 9th.
Will J also managing to TQ the truck class.

Truck final was a flag to flag affair with some good racing, managed to keep it steady and bring back the win.
2wd final was a mixed bag, Will J with an error midway through then an incident with a back marker as the race was on came home in 2nd place.
Ross with a 1st lap incident would end up 10th. Will M making progress as the race went on he finished up in 6th place.

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience at TRAC, thanks to those who came up, spoke to us, checked out the cars, asked questions and generally made us feel very welcome and thank you to Dan and the Carpet Kings team for all their efforts and a great days racing!
#Willspeed #T6Racing #T6Innovations #TRAC #carpetkings #southwest

Old 02-17-2020, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Headling
🏁 Willspeed goes west to TRAC Carpet Kings 🏁
Change of scenery for us this weekend, traveling a little further from home we attended Round 5 of the Carpet Kings series in Torbay, hosted by the TRAC club.
Well presented track with RC Octane as the trackside shop and also an on site cafe, you're well set for a good days racing.

Track was a really good layout, mixture of fast and low speed corners with some good features that were rewarding.
All three of us racing in 2wd with the addition of Will J also running stadium truck.

Managed to get all 3 cars in the A Main with Will J taking the TQ spot, Ross 4th and Will M lining up 9th.
Will J also managing to TQ the truck class.

Truck final was a flag to flag affair with some good racing, managed to keep it steady and bring back the win.
2wd final was a mixed bag, Will J with an error midway through then an incident with a back marker as the race was on came home in 2nd place.
Ross with a 1st lap incident would end up 10th. Will M making progress as the race went on he finished up in 6th place.

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience at TRAC, thanks to those who came up, spoke to us, checked out the cars, asked questions and generally made us feel very welcome and thank you to Dan and the Carpet Kings team for all their efforts and a great days racing!
#Willspeed #T6Racing #T6Innovations #TRAC #carpetkings #southwest

Should have come over and said hello!
The Willspeed cars were very good on that track, definitely struggling to match them for corner speed with my trusty B6.1 (still not got the carpet spec B6.2 built yet).

Apologise to Ross again for me .... 100% my fault (wasn't expecting him to check up like that and was over committed due to how I was having to drive that section) .... SORRY ROSS.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

side question, any news on they Yokomo YZ2 version of this as well as that rear hingepin block with less toe?
Old 02-18-2020, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
side question, any news on they Yokomo YZ2 version of this as well as that rear hingepin block with less toe?
Its been drawn and will be machined soon from what I understand, wont be far away!
Cain likes this.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:20 AM
Tech Legend

Its been drawn and will be machined soon from what I understand, wont be far away!
good stuff. If there is anything beyond the B6.1 version being done for the chassis be cool to see. I know folks who would love an option to get to that diff quickly with a top case. Not sure if that being considered for it, but just throwing that out there

Old 02-18-2020, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All this pictures showing stick radios is making me curious to try one. You don't see a lot of people driving those in the US.

Very cool chassis upgrade, buggy looks awesome!
Old 02-19-2020, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
good stuff. If there is anything beyond the B6.1 version being done for the chassis be cool to see. I know folks who would love an option to get to that diff quickly with a top case. Not sure if that being considered for it, but just throwing that out there
Yokomo one is next in the queue for willspeed to work his magic on!

As for the quick access diff, no plans but tbh its pretty quick to get the diff out of the car, I've don't it in 10 mins before and I found it much easier than the B6
Old 02-19-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
All this pictures showing stick radios is making me curious to try one. You don't see a lot of people driving those in the US.

Very cool chassis upgrade, buggy looks awesome!
Cheers, yes the willspeed cars are pretty awesome!!

As for the stick radios lots of UK racers seem to run them but we are seeing more people going over to the wheel radios as well as the newer racers tend to go steer wheel radio these days.

But most meetings I go to its about 70/30 split in favor of the stick radios, best thing is to try one out if you can
Old 02-19-2020, 08:49 AM
Tech Legend

Yokomo one is next in the queue for willspeed to work his magic on!

As for the quick access diff, no plans but tbh its pretty quick to get the diff out of the car, I've don't it in 10 mins before and I found it much easier than the B6
yeah from what I can see in the pics with the diff so far forward, if it was made you could probably have the quickest diff change, period. put the top case and out it comes. no fiddling with a shock tower, etc.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:52 AM
Tech Addict

A new wing coming from Willspeed, Iíll get my one at the weekend and will put some pics on here

trf211 likes this.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:47 AM
Tech Initiate

How are the findings with the new D block?
Old 02-21-2020, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

A new wing coming from Willspeed, Iíll get my one at the weekend and will put some pics on here

Are all lexan pieces made using an aluminum mold? That is way cool.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by delanobe
How are the findings with the new D block?
so far very good indeed! First batch sold out right away and second batch is due next week

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.