Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Willspeed RF2 B6.1 Conversion kit build >

Willspeed RF2 B6.1 Conversion kit build

Like Tree110Likes

Willspeed RF2 B6.1 Conversion kit build

Old 02-22-2020, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trf211 View Post
Are all lexan pieces made using an aluminum mold? That is way cool.
I donít think so as most of the time they are resin moulds

But Willspeed do like a bit of aluminium!! 😂
Old 02-26-2020, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

UK team driver and National racer Kyle Moon had his first race with the B6.2 Willspeed, starting set up but this will change develop as he runs the car some more

Old 02-28-2020, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

More new stuff from Willspeed!! 😎

JCG1 likes this.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One thing I wanted to ask is battery placement. I see that there's only one battery placement option, which is full reward. I can imagine that with the more balanced aluminum chassis, battery placement is less important.

Do people still use the battery placement as a tuning aid in general? I have been placing mine full reward too and tuning the steering from there - but it still sounds that battery tray room is a marketing point
Old 03-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

So I took a trip to Willspeed HQ today to grab a couple of bits and have a chat with the team

There are currently 7 B6 Willspeed cars in stock as well as 1 X-ray conversion if anyoneís after one

The lightweight body shell is in stock and ready to ship

Iím fitting take 1 rear hinge pin mount up later on so I can run 0 deg rear toe in for the upcoming EOS carpet race this weekend, Iíll be back on here with feedback

JCG1 likes this.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by m3rcfh View Post
One thing I wanted to ask is battery placement. I see that there's only one battery placement option, which is full reward. I can imagine that with the more balanced aluminum chassis, battery placement is less important.

Do people still use the battery placement as a tuning aid in general? I have been placing mine full reward too and tuning the steering from there - but it still sounds that battery tray room is a marketing point
Yes you cannot move the battery around in the car but we can adjust with under lipo weights as well as switching between normal lipo as well as the low profile versions, the cars fantastic out the box on the high grip surfaces so no real need for a movable battery
Old 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Just fitted up the Take One D block, great fit and finish as per usual

Some pics and starting pull positions

antlockyer and JCG1 like this.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Forgot to add that the above setting gives 1 deg of toe

To get 0 deg toe the D block pills need to go to the outside

From speaking with Will J he said the car rotates more quickly and holds more corner speed and feels more racey!
Old 03-04-2020, 11:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

do you know if the yokomo o-degree blocks are in stock? looking to order some over the pond here ...
Old 03-05-2020, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
do you know if the yokomo o-degree blocks are in stock? looking to order some over the pond here ...
they are due back from anodising this week and will be shipped next week I was told, keep an eye on the Willspeed Facebook/Instagram
Old 03-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

cool. Got some ordered today for a few of us here.
Headling likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

So took a trip to my local carpet club 1066 racing in Hastings today

The B6.1 Willspeed was going really well tonight, the set up was the same as itís last outing but with the new Willspeed Take One D block fitted, I was running 0 deg rear toe

Wow what a difference this part made!

The car had so much more corner speed and on power steering, I could gain at least a car length or two on the sweeping on power corners, if you havenít bought one yet get one! 👍🏻

Had some good battles in qualifying and ended up in P4 in the A final, 1st leg I got tagged at the start and was stone last and half a lap down, I got my head down and clicked off the laps and ended up getting back to 4th spot

A final leg 2, got off to a good start this time and was sitting in 3rd on the first lap and had a good battle with Andrew Coley, he made a mistake which put me up to 2nd, Ben was away and gone at the front so clicked off the laps and kept it clean and bought it home in 2nd

Had a nice few comments from the fellow racers on my 2nd run which was cool

The overall was a 4/2 which got me 2nd overall for the evening, well happy! 👍🏻

Old 03-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Fun night Mark Headling , really enjoyed our race in leg 2! Shame I blew leg one so badly...though of course I blame Ben, he crashed from the lead and I hit him ; )

For anyone interested I run a 'normal' AE 6.2 rather than a full WillSpeed car...but I also tried the 'Take one' D hangar last night and it was great; mid corner especially faster for me.

Loving the car generally...almost took TQ which I haven't done for YEARS!! To be honest just happy to be on the pace of our local fast guy.

Headling likes this.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andrewcoley View Post
Fun night Mark Headling , really enjoyed our race in leg 2! Shame I blew leg one so badly...though of course I blame Ben, he crashed from the lead and I hit him ; )

For anyone interested I run a 'normal' AE 6.2 rather than a full WillSpeed car...but I also tried the 'Take one' D hangar last night and it was great; mid corner especially faster for me.

Loving the car generally...almost took TQ which I haven't done for YEARS!! To be honest just happy to be on the pace of our local fast guy.
Yes was a brilliant nights racing, we were both on it, letís hope this form continues!! 😂👍🏻
andrewcoley likes this.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Uh oh, looks like I might need to step my game up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.