Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Feeling nostalgic, what about futaba servos? >

Feeling nostalgic, what about futaba servos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feeling nostalgic, what about futaba servos?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Feeling nostalgic, what about futaba servos?

I just restored a 1st gen kyosho ultima and used all my 1980s futaba stuff in it and its working great. Now I bought one of the re-released optima kits and im wanting to use all futaba stuff again for nostagia's sake. I got a 3pv radio and now Im looking at servos. It looks like people are using high torque servos with the 4wd stuff and it needs to be able to handle lipo. The car will be used just for bashing and open days at the local track so I dont want to spend crazy money. I was looking at a s3071HV. It doesnt say its waterproof but I dont think im gonna run this thing through any water. Or is there another futaba servo you would recommend? Thanks -
Old 10-07-2019, 09:20 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SSTAT
I just restored a 1st gen kyosho ultima and used all my 1980s futaba stuff in it and its working great. Now I bought one of the re-released optima kits and im wanting to use all futaba stuff again for nostagia's sake. I got a 3pv radio and now Im looking at servos. It looks like people are using high torque servos with the 4wd stuff and it needs to be able to handle lipo. The car will be used just for bashing and open days at the local track so I dont want to spend crazy money. I was looking at a s3071HV. It doesnt say its waterproof but I dont think im gonna run this thing through any water. Or is there another futaba servo you would recommend? Thanks -
Some years ago I bought two used BLS 451 which served me well in various buggies and trucks until I sold them off to buy something different. I am currently using the BLS 471 in my 2WD, which will be replaced by the CT700 when it is finally released. My Highest DT2200 has a Futaba motor (SV9372 or 9373 IIRC) and will eventually be replaced by the CB700, but this is where we are starting to talk about 'crazy money'. Bottom line: The BLS 451 and 471 servos are very reliable and fast enough for 1/10th scale off-road applications and most likely will last longer than your car.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SSTAT
The S9452 looks like it would be a good match (not HV) for a 1/10 buggy (moderately fast with enough torque) with a "classic" look.